Muenkel

If you were about to re-live an extremely traumatic event, how would you deal with it?

I had to read your post about 5 times to understand it. I'm glad I was persistant...btw, it just took me about 5 minutes to come up with the word 'persistant'. But I did!

You truly understand. I don't know how, but you do. If you care to share with me how you understand in a pm, please do. I'd really appreciate it.

In the meantime, thank you.:)
Chris

That was awesome. I completely agree with Chris. The best part is that really it works for all brains.

Thanks for posting that.

Wendy W
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey Chris,

You've done the hardest thing already for many,, asking for help and advice, sharing what your feeling and being honest about it. You rock bro!

Have you read "Touching the Void" or seen the DVD??

No need to hear my story, but as long as you have the will to get through it, you will, nothing will stop you. Set realistic goals each day.

Michelle has always stated things so eloquently!

Be active in your therapy, writing a book is a cool idea, maybe a weblog and keep us up to date on what you did that day and how things are going.

It is ok to be down from time to time, but depression will ruin everything, if ya need an antidepressant be open to that if your not already on one.

You better keep posting here!! No matter what, you will NEVER be a whuffo again!

Love ya Man!

PM me your address, I'll send ya a Lost Prairie boogie video just ta pass the time:P

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

It isn't, of course, possible for me to know what you are experiencing. But for me, the following was what I kept repeating in my mind when I was faced with more than I thought I could deal with.

Just. Keep. Going. I will beat this.

You said that you didn't know if you have what it takes to go through this again.

You do.

It's in you.

Find it.

Dear Chris,

I live with a chronic illness, one that causes my brain to be totally fried if I forget my meds, need adjustment of my meds, or if I'm subject to stress that causes my meds not to work effectively. I know what it is to misunderstand what someone has written or said, I know what it is to feel like the world is upside-down. Usually, I am not aware of just how impaired I am at the time, but only later, when I've been readjusted. It has caused me all kinds of problems all of my life.

I'm okay right now, and I'm trying to be very good about not letting it happen again, but one cannot plan for everything, and having been through it on countless occasions, I live with that knot of fear that it will all go south again.

Sound familiar?

That said, all you can do is keep living, keep moving forward, keep trying. That's the meaning of life in a nutshell. Whatever happens, you have to persevere, because no one can ever predict what the next thing will be.

You may fall down and hit your head again next week, next month, next year. But you don't know, and you can't know, if that will happen. In the meantime, you just have to do the best you can with what you have to work with, and you'll know who your real friends are by seeing who takes into account the situation that you're in and who doesn't. Those who don't aren't worth the time you'd expend on them anyway, so it's no big deal.

Other than that, I have no advice, but I wish you the best with it. It could be worse, y'know. After all, you're not a sociopath. :)
rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Without goin into detail I had my share of traumatic evnt. One thing I can say is "friends' and you have one here anytime PM me I'll give ya my phone# let's talk GOD BLESS Bryan
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I figure reaching out is better than bottling it up.
Laughter and boobies really are great medicine.

Chris, I think you’ll be ok because 3 (or 4 depending how you count boobies) of the best points are from your own posts!

I can’t add anything to what others have said. Head injuries suck - been there done that (also with a lot of back/neck pain), but things have improved such that I’m getting back to my old self and doing stuff like jumping out of planes.

I do understand a bit of what you’re going through but everyone’s situation is different. I know that the total effect on you is far more than the sum of the individual symptoms you listed, that every aspect of your life is affected, and the frustration can be absolutely beyond words.

So, I’m sorry this happened again. However, I think one of the most important things you can do you have already done – you know not to let yourself become isolated and to stay connect to people especially when your getting overwhelmed.

I understood from your post things were improving from your first accident. This recent fall is a setback and it sucks but because you have been through this before you know you CAN do it and things WILL improve. Have faith in this knowledge and use it to your advantage.

And your absolutley right about the laughter and boobies :D

rj