rhino

Half-Life 2 video game.. Any players on here?

kind of a weird game at first if you never played the first one (i didnt). there are no cutscenes, the story unfolds in real time during gameplay. i was a bit lost throught the first part, but overall its a kick ass game, lots of fun. basically the earth has been invaded by aliens from another dimension, and you play the part of Dr. Freeman, the only "free man" who is destined to lead a rebellion against the aliens. just give it a few hours and you will be caught up in it even if you are a bit lost like i was. hope that helps.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

I think it's a really sweet game. I was totally hooked until I got through it. There are a few sections that seem to be rather longer than they need to be, but not nearly as bad as some other games (cough, cough, Halo, cough).

Just hang in there, you'll get the swing of it. If you get totally marooned in a "I'm walking around and don't know what the fuck to do" mode, there are walkthrough guides on the 'net to help you. But watch out, using the walkthrough as a guide can make things TOO easy if you aren't careful...

Elvisio "Father Grigori is the man" Rodriguez

It's been a while since I played the first one but let me see if I can give you some background that will give you a better startign point.

In the original Half Life, you played Gordon Freeman who was a entry level peon at the secret Black MEsa research facility. During an experiment, the scientists you work for accidentally breach a dimensional barrier. The result is an alien incursion. Freeman then spends the better part of the game simply trying to survive the alien onslaught and then later the government Black Ops teams sent to clean up the mess. At the end, you are rescued by a mysterious character who gives you a simple choice, serve him or instant death. The sequel is based ont he assumption you chose the former rather thant he latter choice. =)

If you can get ahold of a copy, I highly recommend playing through the orignal Half Life. It was ground breaking for its time(good graphics and AI that used real life squad level tactics) and is well written enough that it will still be talked about in 20 years.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Yeah I have played it. I got all the way to where the nasty large robot walking things were and I could not get past that level. But it is a great game. Since then I reloaded my computer from scratch so I have to play it from the beginning. I agree counter strike is more fun, its team play. I like Day of Defeat the most. Lots of maps and you play world war II scenarios, great maps online play against other on line players.