pincheck

pain the ass phonecalls

up till yesterday i have never been bothered by unsolicited calls but i have had the same company phone me 3 times telling me i have won a free holiday (its not timeshare ) they are looking for recomendations >:(>:(. they will just not take pissoff for a answer>:(

does anyone know how to get a address from their number in the uk

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

A few things I use on telemarketers:
a) "Would you please hold on a minute?" Then put the phone on the desk and resume your activities. Forget about the phone, hang up 30 minutes later.
b) When asked "would you like to pay less for [insert product or service]", just answer no and hang-up. (that one doesn't really feel specially good to do)
c) When being marketed by people asking if you'd like new windows for your house, tell them you don't have any windows. same for other things everyone has.
c') When being marketed for some new and shiny phone service, answer that you don't care because you don't have a phone. Enjoy the silence that usually follows :ph34r:

i did register with the telphone and mail preferance services and have done the silent calls register as well. I ask the person who phoned why she was phoning the first time and told her i was registered she said i comlete one of these inflight travel questioners but they had my old address:|.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Well there's always the immature response when answering a telemarketer, just scream "I can't hear you! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!!" :D

I have it easy. I put my phone on a TTY answering machine which answers each call with a computerized voice "Please use text phone or dial relay at 711" before proceeding with the text answering message. Telemarketers NEVER call back to leave a message. :P

It's great to be fucking deaf sometimes... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban