Viking

Whats the Longest Road Trip you have ever done?

Well I am sure you will take care of Texas when you come to the SkyFest Boogie in July....Right!!!:P:P I know, shameless plug.... sue me , I'm not deaf...:)

Already been to Texas... Though I would love to do Skyfest, problem is I'll have a 3 month old baby to deal with then. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

purely road? New York - Toronto - detroit - cheyenne, WY - Boulder, CO - Paris, IL - Denver, CO - Boston, MA

Excluding the first leg, the second was done in about a month I think. It's all a bit of a blur because before that I had flown back and forth between lots of timezones for about 5 months.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Ok here is another i didn't think it would count but everyone else is posting there other trips.

I drove from Quincy, IL To Kingman, AZ and back with my ex gf's dad to pick up her older brother and his broken car. So the second half we were hauling a loaded up car. Me her Dad and Brother just kept switching out, who ever wasn't driving was sleeping.

The trip was first mentioned the day we left. and we drove it in his Chevy 3/4 ton farm truck!!!! Atleast it had a bench in the backseat so one of us could sleep laying down. :D
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

My longest road trip...

Seattle, WA to Fort Myers, FL...... the long way.
Straight down I-5, then I-10 across the country, and then down I-75.
3800 miles towing a u-haul with a pissed of cat in the truck with me.
Other than sleeping, food, and gas, only one other stop.... Eloy on Christmas 2004 for 2 jumps then back on the road.
What a week that was!!!!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

3800 miles towing a u-haul with a pissed of cat in the truck with me.

That sucks! My brother when he moved to CA from TX, took his cat along for the trip. He almost stopped to throw him out once because he was yowling almost the whole way! :S :D

I've done it on 8-12 hour trips, but my cats are good. They yowl for the first 30 minutes then settle down. One time though, I locked myself out of the car with two cats inside at a gas station. Had to call a locksmith. Thankfully it wasn't too hot outside. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ummmm billy why would care if your cats were yowling?

:D I can hear them with my aid on. I'll talk to them and they calm down. Then again, if they want to yowl all trip long, I'll just shut the aid off. :P

it's cool, a friend and I are determined to visit every state in the US.

I have the same goal... I even collect a magnet from each state. Yeah I know I'm a dork :P

What would be cool is to get a magnet from each state shaped like that state, then put them all together in a puzzle on a metal surface... ;)

My longest trip was 2 years ago. Me and 20 of my fraternity brothers in 2 minivans drove from michigan to kansas city to pick up another guy and then onward to Pasadena California to see Michigan in the Rose Bowl against USC.

A long ass trip, but I'd definately do it again.....
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

what what could be cooler is if all the magnets were the same scale and would actually fit together lol!

Hey there is an idea for a company. Make a series of magnets of the same scale for every state and sell them to shops all over the country and advertise them as a set that you can collect and put together. Also make special editions for the same state so people have a choise of what magnet to get.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

it's cool, a friend and I are determined to visit every state in the US.

I have the same goal... I even collect a magnet from each state. Yeah I know I'm a dork :P

What would be cool is to get a magnet from each state shaped like that state, then put them all together in a puzzle on a metal surface... ;)

I prefer the interesting magnets I have.:P Right now I have them on my fridge in the shape of the US. I plan to get a map and mount it on metal eventually, but haven't done it yet.

what what could be cooler is if all the magnets were the same scale and would actually fit together lol!

Hey there is an idea for a company. Make a series of magnets of the same scale for every state and sell them to shops all over the country and advertise them as a set that you can collect and put together. Also make special editions for the same state so people have a choise of what magnet to get.

Have you never been to a truck/rv road side stop? Those already exist and you can always get them at the stores right on the border. My friends grandparents had all but one state before they passed on.

There is something similar to that out there, except instead of magnets they're stickers. And instead of having to buy them seperately you just buy them all at the same time and I guess you're on the honor system.

Next time you see an RV on the highway, check out the side, it might just have one of those maps.

Last January I got the snowboarding edition of monopoly from a good friend of mine. After opening it up and seeing that there were a few resorts on there we hadn't been to we looked at each other and said so what are you doing next week? We ended up Driving from Santa Cruz CA to Tahoe CA, Salt Lake City UT, Yellow Stone WY, Big Sky MT, Seattle WA, Portland OR, Humboldt CA, and back to santa cruz. We spent 2 1/2 weeks on the road, went to 5 different ski resorts, and got to explore many new places we had never been to. It was a great trip:)
Fly like a girl

Have you never been to a truck/rv road side stop? Those already exist and you can always get them at the stores right on the border. My friends grandparents had all but one state before they passed on.

Which one was that? I bet Alaska...

I've done lots of long road trips but I think the longest one I did was back in the fall of 2002 when I travelled from Denver Colorado to Vancouver BC (via Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon and Washington State) before venturing from Vancouver BC to Calgary Alberta (via the Kokahola Highway through the BC/Alberta rockies) and then completing the trip from Calgary Alberta to Denver Colorado (via Montana and Wyoming).

I'm sure it's not the longest road trip done. But it was a pretty long trip that's for sure.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

This wasn't exactly a road trip. It was more like the tour of hell.

In July 2002, I left Florida for New Jersey. In August, I drove to California. In October, I drove back to New Jersey and stayed for 9 months. Then I drove to Arizona for one week and finally returned to Florida. I realize that 9 month period of stasis doesn't really count, except I never unpacked the car, and I spent several months of that time driving from the north of the state to the south of the state at least three, if not five times a week. Also, I drove to Michigan and back at the end of that December. I arrived immediately after an ice storm and left three hours later.

The other adventures along the way are too depressing to relate, particularly a brief stay in Nebraska in July and October.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb