sid

Pushing Tin

Just finished watching Pushing Tin, one of my favorite movies (and it was in the $5.50 bin in WalMart) - anyone else love this movie?

Billy Bob versus John Cusack - one of the best on sceen pissing contests of all time..........
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Just finished watching Pushing Tin, one of my favorite movies (and it was in the $5.50 bin in WalMart) - anyone else love this movie?

Billy Bob versus John Cusack - one of the best on sceen pissing contests of all time..........

Hell yeah that's a great flick!!!

Walt

i love that movie! it's probably about as realistic a depiction of the ATC world as 'dropzone' was to skydiving, but i found it very entertaining.

and angelina's boobs didn't hurt it at all. ;)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Great movie.John Cusack is probably my favorite actor.

and Angelina Jolie's boobs are probably my favorite actors ;)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

***realistic a depiction of the ATC world as 'dropzone' was to skydiving, but i found it very entertaining

It's entertaining but there are some areas that are pretty true to form. The egos, the challenges and the partying. When I began ATC in the early 80's most of us were in our early 20's and were 10 foot tall and bulletproof.There was insanity by the bucket loads i.e Bus Surfing through Pittsburgh and Miami.:S:D

By the late 90's most had kids, a divorce or two, a couple of house payments and the "fun of pushin tin" had worn off and it became just another job.

Most FAA ATCS on duty now were hired after the 1981 PATCO strike and we can retire after 20 years of ATC service at age 50 or 25 years of ATC service at any age.

We are approaching the 25 years for most of us and there will be a mass exodus starting around 2007 because within the next 7 years about 60-70% of us will be eligible to retire. I've got 6 years and 7 months and then I'll become a dropzone bum.:)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Great movie.John Cusack is probably my favorite actor.

Something upon which we agree. :|

I don't go to the movies, but I will go to a John Cusak movie. Any John Cusak movie.

He curls my toes almost as much as GTA...and that's sayin' something. :D

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

***He curls my toes almost as much as GTA...and that's sayin' somethin

:D:D:DHaven't heard that one before but I like it!

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"