Megatron

Does the risk eventually catch up to everyone?

Stats are great for sports records only. ..... I know the risk,

I disagree. The stats apply to you, too. You say you know the risk. In other words, you know the chance of getting hurt/killed and you have decided the risk (stats) are acceptable. I think we all have. It's just that some of us want to better understand what the actual risk (stats) is so we can make a more informed decision.
Alton

"Luck favors the prepared."

Stats are great for sports records only. ..... I know the risk,

I disagree. The stats apply to you, too. You say you know the risk. In other words, you know the chance of getting hurt/killed and you have decided the risk (stats) are acceptable. I think we all have. It's just that some of us want to better understand what the actual risk (stats) is so we can make a more informed decision.

Holy Shit! :o

You can DIE doin' this?! :)

Sure didn't see THAT in the brochure....:S

Too late to get my money back?? :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I wonder the same thing, I stopped jumping in '99 after being very hardcore for 10 years. I think if I stayed in the sport I might be dead now. I did lose several close friends in those 10 years. I am thinking about getting back into it again though because it is awesome and I miss the sky.

I think if humans were immortal in the sense that we did not die of aging & disease, all skydivers would eventually be killed skydiving. Some of the lucky ones might make it way past 100,000 jumps or 100's of years in the sport but eventually, the risk would catch up to absolutely everyone. Given that we are not immortal, I thinks its a pretty safe bet to say that the risk will not catch up to us within our skydiving careers. If you are careful & meticulous, and do not fall prey to ego & complacency, it is far better to live with the small risk of dying young than with the certainty of never really living at all.

Some of the lucky ones might make it way past 100,000 jumps or 100's of years in the sport but eventually, the risk would catch up to absolutely everyone.

I value human stupidity even more. You seem to not know what risk is about.... You are statistically dead, anyway it is just a matter of time.