UKFSChick

South African Military

So..anyone with South African connections know how I can get in touch with someone involved in the SA Military?

It's for a possible SA-based skydiving business I'm looking into right now...Mainly I need to know if the SA Military has any kind of freefall school / Special Ops..anything like that...having trouble finding any contacts and not sure where to start!... But I know there's a bunch of you SA types out there on DZ.com! :-)

Many thanks
Emma

mmm, the military here is not as helpful as you would like.
I will try get hold of a mail address of one of our judges that is still in the military.
PM me some details and I can see if it is worth while them getting involved or private people instead.

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

Yes, like most armies, they do.
but as Bev said they may not be very helpful. I understand it is army policy not to release any individual's name and contact details without consent of that individual.

Army home page http://www.dod.mil.za/index.htm i'm sure there will be an info email address somewhere on there
Special forces stuff (but career info) on http://www.careers.mil.za/careers/uniformcareers/msdprogramme/images/sf.pdf

There are a few DZs comprised of military members that are also members of PASA (sport parachuting)
fyi the military guys usually clean up style and accuracy at nationals here.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Thanks for the info guys...I will call some of the numbers on the site and see what they can do.

Any direct contacts in the SA Military skydiving scene also much welcomed! It is in reference to a major training proposition widely used by other nations' military already...We are trying to test the interest of the SA military too :)

Thanks
Emma