mattyblast

Good vibes for my brother, please

Hello everyone. Something's wrong with my older brother, and the family is kind of shaken up. He's afraid to go to the doctor, so we're all playing the "Go see a doctor"--"I can't go see a doctor" game.

What's happening is that ever since November-December, he has become very weak, especially in his hands and forearms (he's 39). It takes him several tries to get up out of a chair, especially one with a cushioned seat. It takes him two hands to turn the key to start his car. He walks very slowly and with weak movements, like a 100-yr.-old man.

He just changed jobs, and his benefits (including health insurance) don't kick in until April. I'm pretty sure I can convince him to see a doctor before then--who cares if it costs more just for a preliminary consult, right?

He's the kind of guy who couldn't hurt anybody, no matter how hard he tried--he's just that sweet & genuine. Anybody have any hunches as to what his condition is? What would cause symptoms of carpel tunnel syndrome combined with a general weakness all over the body? I've played around with WebMD.com, and found some possibilities, but I'm interested in hearing from anyone who's seen a similar combination of these specific symptoms.

Whatever the case, please send some good thoughts our way. If it turns out his days are numbered, this will be very difficult for the family.
"DOOR!!!"

Your brother and family will be in my thoughts. On a side note, be very careful about the possibility that when his insurance kicks in in April that they don't see he's been to the doctor and subsequently list his current problem as a "pre-existing condition". That could potentially disqualify insurance coverage for this issue for whatever timeframe the insurance company sets.

PMS #394

Your brother and family will be in my thoughts. On a side note, be very careful about the possibility that when his insurance kicks in in April that they don't see he's been to the doctor and subsequently list his current problem as a "pre-existing condition". That could potentially disqualify insurance coverage for this issue for whatever timeframe the insurance company sets.

I have to agree with this wholeheartedly.

Walt

Vibes for him, Matty...and I don't think that anyone can really give a decent assessment of his condition via the net, not being a Dr., and not completing examinations.

I would urge you to kidnap his happy ass and take him to a Dr...explain the insurance thing to the Dr's office, and see what sort of work-around they can do. I know they did this for me when I was very ill a while ago, and needed some help. And who cares if he gets mad at you; he'll be around to do that, you know?

Go as fast as you can...this doesn't seem to be getting better on it's own.

Lots of prayers and vibes and hugs for you and your family.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Hey, way to go. It's awesome that you're paying attention, reaching out, and coming up with a plan.

Ditto what Michele said. Docs are people too. Explain the situation, ask for help, get his booty in there.

He's probably very scared or at least very worried. Your unconditional love and support are so good to see - he's lucky not to have to go through this alone.

Vibes and then some.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Dont mean to scare you but our grandad started having the same symptoms as your brother.
It turned out that he had Motor Neurone diesease.

He worked in the coal mines for 40 odd years and we all thought it may of been vibration white finger. Well the doc did anyhow and then we found out he incorrectly diagnosed him. By then it was too late.

I dont wanna go further with what happend as its upsetting and I definatly dont want to worry you.
If you want more details feel free to pm me.

Best wishes for your bro.

Matt

www.myspace.com/durtymac