vixsal

Advanced Rigger Techniques Seminar

I would like to publicly thank Jeff Johnston for his outstanding seminar on advanced rigging techniques held the past three days at master rigger Ben Crowell’s loft in Theodore, Alabama. The seminar primarily centered around harness work but topics included container repairs, riser construction and sewing machine adjustment and maintenance. Jeff is an excellent instructor and has a wealth of knowledge gained from over thirty years in the parachute industry. He had many rigging tips and gave insight into harness design and construction. The group was purposely small to maximize interaction. With seven sewing machines in Ben’s loft, Jeff was kept busy monitoring and helping the four of us while each was sewing on a different machine … this was definitely a “hands-on” seminar. Jeff, thanks for your. enthusiasm and willingness to share your knowledge. It was a great session! We learned a lot and had fun doing it.

Vic

I was blessed with the invitation to attend this seminar and jumped on the opportunity to learn from the industry's best. As a Senior Rigger I was the one with the least amount of experience and I believe I learned the most. I not only learned from Jeff but Vic, Ben and Danny. The course was built around our individual needs and pace. Jeff brings with him not only his knowledge but his enthusiasm and love for the art of being a Rigger not just a packer. If you have the equipment and want to learn for one of the best just get a group of 3 to 4 and contact Jeff and schedule something with him. Our group had a blast and we look forward to doing it again sometime next year.

BTW: If you do get Jeff to visit your loft get you hammer and Dremel tool ready. Your machines will never run better and be more functional.