lawrocket

Husband on Strike

You know, it could be that she is happier with him on the roof and that the kids are now in their own beds while he is outside. Perhaps she simply does not want to be in the bed alone with him any longer and for some reason is afraid to put him out of their home. Looks to me like he may have solved her problem.
Just another way to look at it. Things may not always be as they seem, and his side is the only one given here.

Unless a woman is breast feeding, I really don't see any reason why the kids should sleep in the parent's bed. I saw this couple on tv. The woman said, "my children need me more than he does right now." With that attitide, this marriage won't last.

Of course its not going to last, and he's going to be on the hook for the next 19 years of child support... I think that's her alterior motive.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

There are families who use a "family bed." However, well, it should be a family decision. So he's a jerk for going public, and she's a jerk for not working harder at a compromise. Counseling would have been a better start.

Nothing wrong with a family bed if the whole family wants it. Works for them.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think this guy has other issues. What do the two unrelated articles on his site have to do with his problem, and why did he feel the need to post them?

This link:

http://www.mothering.com/articles/new_baby/sleep/fowler.html

talks about sex and the family bed. Most couples seem to manage to have a sex life in spite of the family bed, so that can't be the issue.

Beck's dad and I split up before she was born, and I don't remember how long Beck slept with me. I started out putting her in the crib, but I was a nursing mother, and most mornings when I woke up, she was still in the bed with me, so I gave up the crib except for naps.

I don't recall the "transition" being anything but a natural progression, and I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be.

In my parents house, there was no family bed. My father can't sleep with another person in the room, so he and my mother had separate bedrooms. But having walked in on them when I was five, I can assure you all that it had no ill effect on their love life. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sleeping arrangements don't have much to do with an active and healthy sex life.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb