jtval

hey carrie!

Joe, when did the Dr. say you'd be able to get back up in the air? Let me know and BZ and I will meet you in Palatka. BW probably already told you he's going to be teaching AFF there now so I'm pretty sure that's where you said you'd be going once you were able to jump again and I promised BW on closing weekend (when the weather sucked! and we were all bummed b/c it was supposed to be our last weekend to jump there) that we'd be there to see him at least once a month. And if possible, it'd be cool to make that once a month the same weekend you are going to be there.
love you!
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/
hey carrie---
I should be able to jump by late april. so i wont be able to do thew b-day jumps with kelly and the group. Im gonna send you 2 an email but im here nbow so i'll post it for ya.
my next jump will be with BW. im gonna have him coach me.
i dont wanna be one of those statistic's ya know.
new dz/new gear haven't jumped forever etc. so im gonna go through the BW coaching thing. Im planning a nine day RE- introduction to the sport. i plan to jump as much as ppossible. i should have enugh to pay hhim and jump about 50 times...but i'll e mail you in a feew bout the rest

Wow! Joe, that sounds awesome! Have you been *hooking* to make that much $$$??? (enough to pay Billy and jump 50 times AND you just got new gear????) He he he....I'm just teasing. I'm so stoked for you! It sounds like you're being very smart about having not jumped in 6 months and taking the extra time and $$$ to go through those steps again. I'm very happy to hear that even though I know it will be a breeze for you and actually will probably teach you a lot since Billy is so knowledgeable and b/c he is old school, he really goes into much greater depth than some of the others. For every AFF jump I did, we'd sit for 2+ hours before-hand and sort of meditate and get focused (since I waited almost a month inbetween each set of levels I did) on what I wanted to do and really picture everything from beginning to end. He was awesome and I owe him a lot for how quick and easy it was to learn with him. I'm not sure right now, about any B-day jumps but Kelly e-mailed me that she was going to call me tonight so I'll try to remember to ask her. Maybe we'll have a *special* belated B-day jump once you're back in the air.:)Hey, did you see the post about how I remember that you were the only person I knew besides Billy Weber at our DZ for 3 months while I was in AFF and the first time I met you I thought you were my instructor??? HA HA HA.....maybe I was foreshadowing?????:)love ya!!!
Carrie

Hey, did you see the post about how I remember that you were the only person I knew besides Billy Weber at our DZ for 3 months while I was in AFF and the first time I met you I thought you were my instructor??? HA HA HA.....maybe I was foreshadowing?????
I didnt see the post yet but I remember the conversation.eventually i would like to be an instructor though. but any way i cant be involved full time in the sport i'll do it.
i think i freaked BW out when i told him that during my ground school. he was like wow, i've had student become instructor but never one who planned on it.
but what you said about "hooking" yeah i hadda sell myself...but not in a fun way.:)clear, blue,easy:D
me

hey i forgot to tell ya(i think)
i went to skyventures when i was in o-town.
i took my bro and my father w/ me, got em in there. ha ha he
i had some fun but didnt do much other then remember a little of the basic's. cant wait to do it 4 real:S :)
jt

p.s. what post was the fisrt time instructor/conversation thing in? i couldnt find it!
Edited by jtval on 3/6/01 08:24 AM.

Joe! Why didn't you tell me you were planning on hitting SkyVenture. That's the company I worked for so I could fly for free but had to quit after a couple months b/c the hours didn't work out with school. I couldn't have gotton you any deals, I'm sure but I could have let Thomas know and he would have been happy to give you the training you've been after while you were there. He is part of "Deland Tunnel Rage" that won intermediate nationals in last summers competition. I was so stoked to hear that b/c when I met them they were always practicing in the tunnel (and if you haven't seen it, it's a SIGHT b/c the tunnel doesn't look big enough to hold 4 people but all their moves were so tightly together and concise...it is really unreal!)
He he he....I'm glad you're striving to be an instructor b/c I think you'll make a GREAT one b/c you have an awesome personality that will make students feel right at home. I, actually, at one point, wanted to be a tandem master (since there aren't many girls doing that) until Lisa explained on another thread just how much it can mess with your flying skills and not allow you much time to fun jump. Then it didn't sound so great:)BZs dream is to open an advanced training school for post-AFF newbies that want advanced training in RW, freeflying, and canopy control (probably won't happen for about 10 years but it's in all seriousness) so I'll probably work with him if that happens since I'd love to work in skydiving as well. He wants to get back into the freeflying competitions as soon as I'm up to par, so to speak in the meantime. WHO KNOWS?????:)I'm sure you didnt' freak Weber out. He has a funny way of sniffing out potential in students and I know he found that in you:)CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU, love ya,
Carrie
PS...My man, BZ just called me and I told him about you being in Palatka so we'll probably head out to see you. Let me know:)

hey care,
sounds like BZ has got a plan. thats good to see, eventually all these big names are gonna hafta move over for the younger guys/girls who are coming up(or going down:)anyway i got your email&replied so i'll letchas know when im free again.and i'll keep in touch b/c if there's anything i can do to help bz and you with his plans lemme know.(somehow i know i'll always be involved with skydiving,and i'd like to get involved on every level,then pick what i like most!)
btw,
i called my ortho this morning to see about another x-ray b4 i leave for n.y. for 2 weeks, she said my collar bone is fine(to the piont of healing, not quite jumpable yet.)
but she isnt too worried about it anymore. which makes me think...hmm maybe i'll be able to jump sooner that i had hoped!!!!B|;):)(although i hoped to jump ny, i guess i'll hafta get it next time!!:(
peace love and bullfrogs:S
jt

thats good to see, eventually all these big names are gonna hafta move over for the younger guys/girls who are coming up

There's room for both I think:)Yes, BZ and I have talked a lot about our future and what we want to pursue and I *really* want to compete and BZ says by the time I'm 22 (another year and 1/2) that we will be doing that (freeflying) and we want to do that for at least a few years, maybe more, and travel and get skydiving to pay for itself, so to speak. Later on down the road is where his school idea comes in to play. It is impossible to know what will happen in the future but this is what we both are striving for (actually, I'm the only one striving, everyone else will tell ya BZ could be kicking ass in comps already....ha ha ha...at least he's patient since I have so much still to learn:)I'M SO HAPPY that the Dr. had good news for you! I remember just a couple months ago you were worried you'd never jump again (which we all knew was a bunch of BS:P.) I can't wait to see you, military boy! Hey, just look at Patrik, he's 30 years old and just got out of the military for GOOD and doesn't have to work, all he has to do is skydive ALL THE TIME now! He still works during the week and stuff but every weekend he can jump as much as he wants and can afford all the cool shit and the military did that for him so it will be worth it in the end for you I'm sure. Me, on the other hand, I'm *spending* all my $$$ on school b/c I could never hack it training for a war. I'm a peace/love/happiness kinda girl. I LOVE the ropes courses I've gone to do but I can only imagine what it's like having to do them while bombs and gun fire are going off and eveyrone is yelling at you. He he he....when I do them, it's just for team building, fun-stuff:)MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!

hey,
thanks for the encouragment:):D
i think the saying"the grass is always greener...." holds true.
you live in the perfect "ARENA" to skydive. and can do it as long as the $$ is there.(man, am I jealous of you!!!)
in my case I have the $$(only b/c thats all i do with it) but i gotta drive and plan the road trips etc. its mostly a pain in the ass to get these people 2gether to enjoy the weekend then they start bitching about not wanting to stay etc so it screws my weekend blah blah blah.
but damn, i still cant believe im a skydiverB|,well i will be again when my shit heals:D
btw i quit drinking so i can save more $$$$ for my skydive vacation. so that should save me some ,no, alot of dough!!
i know this post is all over the place but i got side tracked when i was writing it so if you'r ewpondering what my piont is....I FORGOT:$ so im gonna go now :)jt

you live in the perfect "ARENA" to skydive.

I was referring to you as well since I thought you had plans to move here. Are you still doing that?
Also, from what I've gathered on here there are some really cool DZs around where you live in Georgia. I'm NOT shunning you away b/c we LOVE seeing you here but have you ever visited on closer by to you in Georgia? I think there is even a thread on here about all the Georgia skydivers on DZ.com.
Right now, I am destitute but next month, swim season starts and I'll be coaching/instructing again and making the good dinero so only a couple more weeks, THANK GOD, of raman noodles, way too few jumps, and selling just about everything I used to own. I literally have nothing left of value except my rig and that's NEVER going even if I have to sleep with it in the streets....ha ha ha. So you can tell I'm really anxious for my job to start back up and the good news is that starting next month, it'll be a year around position for me which means no more annoying side jobs (I can tell ya what those are later.)
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES:)Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

I literally have nothing left of value except my rig and that's NEVER going even if I have to sleep with it in the streets...

Why sleep in the streets when you can crash in the packing room at the DZ? ;)
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

carrie,
i still do plan on moving there...but not for a few years now. there was a slight change in plans when i hadda re-enlist. i will be in korea for a year starting in jun then i may end up where wingnut is now for 3 years but when that is done i plan on moving"HOME" to florida. but depending on what happens in the next few years i may decide to retire from the a.f. it depneds on how much my investments pay of....it wont be enuogh to live easy. but it may help.
and im sure you wont ever have to live in the streets. there are plenty of nice fields in fla. :)jt

then i may end up where wingnut is now for 3 years

Wingie is in some top-secret spot? Are you going undercover too, JT?

. and like zennie said. the dz is always a good place to take up residency

Yes, BZ and I will have to *rough* it now that we don't have Freddie's trailer to sleep in. Actually, we stayed in it every weekend and I don't think Freddie ever needed it. Jerry Bird kicked us out though Halloween Boogie weekend and I had my very first *tent* experience. It was reeeeeaaaalllly comfy on the air mattress but in the dead of winter it was waaaaaaaay too cold:)Much love and blue skies,

heated showers, damn even my apartment hardly has heated showers. i gotta move to deland when i get back from overseas.
carrie-- when wingnut said he was undercover... i think he meant under cover. ( you know he said he was lonely)
gotta go/phone call
by

since everyone has be resurrecting threads here's one from me:D

Ok Carrie,
its been 5 years since this post was posted. and I guess golas changed. I dont want to be a TM ( never really did, I wanted to be an AFFI; still do, to some extent)

but I guess now the goals changed but not by much. I am a FF vidtographer ( i made that word up just now) I am active in the sport more than ever.
I have a group from the Air force base that goes out once per month if there is any interest. ( usually we get about 5-10 people every two months)

I try to organize skills camp weekends and tunnel camps so we can all get some relative work tiome in and improve our flying. ( it's generally a young dz, when speaking of numbers)

and I usually end up being the only student vidtographer at the dz, which means if I don't go do some work jumps these people won't get there first jump on video. and as often as I would love to NOT film them I would HATE to see them NOT get the first jump on video.:D ( and at least I get free jumps for doing the "work")

how are you with your goals?
is BZ still thinking of Advance AFF school or is he Mainly focused on swopping?

for those who are readin for the first itme what are your SKYDIVING goals now and how did they change since your first jump?

one thing that remaina a constant is that I can't type too well with my elbows.:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos