martimarr

itunes help

so I downloaded itunes so to catch skydive radios podcast, so while i was checking it out ( the program that is) I bought a 1.99 show,but it want let me transfer it to my documents folder, why is this , can you do this , I'm tring to transfer it to my psp but the software has to get it from my videos folder.

My guess is that the copy protection / DRM won't let you move it elsewhere. If it is copy protected...and I assume it is if you paid for it...you won't be able to use it on anything but an iPod.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Thanks Dude
That makes since
Though I was able to move it but it want play on anything but itunes or quick time. So its there but my PSP software doesn't see it.

Now the quick time player has a - save as - option if you buy the pro version for 30 bucks. should that work ( could I - save as -- my videos ) would that convert it or would that just give me the same thing I all ready have?[:/]

Here's your solution to Itunes and Ipods....

THROW THEM AWAY! And go get one of these...

Samsung YP-Z5

Runs off Windows Media Player. Itunes is >:( EVIL!

:D:D:D

Fuck AAC and WMA

Both have DRM and I don't want none of that.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Thanks Dude
That makes since
Though I was able to move it but it want play on anything but itunes or quick time. So its there but my PSP software doesn't see it.

Now the quick time player has a - save as - option if you buy the pro version for 30 bucks. should that work ( could I - save as -- my videos ) would that convert it or would that just give me the same thing I all ready have?[:/]

QT Pro is a grerat little utility for doing lots of cool things but one thing it won't do is strip DRM ... I honestly don't know if there is software available that will do what you want. Oh well....$1.99 isn't too expensive a lesson ;)

btw - I love iTunes store....it has gotten me more interested in music than I have been for years. I love the various features that point me to music I wouldn't ordinarily know existed. I also find the DRM in the Apple/iPod/iTunes to be pretty unobtrusive...it doesn't hamper me at all. I have also bought more cd's in the last year than in the last 10 years...quite often a cd will cost the same on Amazon as it does on iTunes....so, if it is a cd that I want all the music, I buy the cd and rip it at a higher bit rate than iTunes. If it is one or two songs...I buy them off iTunes.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey