vortexr1

First solo,aff training jump (3rd jump)

Did my first solo today..WOOOOOO..Simply amazing..Totally hooked..Was worried about the landing part .As far as distance and alitude to start my decent..Everything went well,threw the damn rip cord.( so had 2 buy a 12 pack for instructor lol),,,,,,after jump, went through my steps and once i pulled rip cord,,things seemed to slow down...did all my checks and really it went by pretty fast..landing , i flared to soon ,about 30'.but it went great,cant wait till i get some moreunder my belt,,thanks for all the advice.:)

Congratulations and welcome to the skydiver fantastic world. Don't worry too much for your landing it takes a while to get it well done. In the case you don't have a radio in your helmet maybe you should ask for one and with the help of an instructor on the ground you can learn to flare at the right time. Don't look below you at landing cause it's not where you go but look rather at about 45 degrees. Tell us when you will be satisfied with your landing and what you have changed to get it good.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

I have the same issues as you. I am trying to work on my landing pattern as well, I start my pattern way too high and my last 2 landings were fairly hard because I flared way too fast and too high, luckily I was ready to do a PLF and even then I felt that landing for a couple of hours lol ...
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

Ya, its my landing pattern that i need to work on along with the propere height 2 flare.The dz we land @ is pretty unforgiving.So you really have to hit it perfect.( no grass,lots of buildings,planes,and other obstacles)...good luck with your aff training,i feel ya,,lol,,i absolutely love this sport though..definitely hooked..