niolosoiale

Excuse me sir, I left something on the plane...

Congrats! How was it?

Well you know, about like jumping out of a plane. :D

Really cool. My tandem master was an awesome guy. Took my friend with me (who I warned on thursday that she would be going) and a couple other friends spectated.

I'll tell ya though, my dreams did a pretty good job recreating the experience prior to every doing it. The wind was less uncomfortable than that, but everything else was spot on.

And I will be jumping again. God knows I want a $1,000 a month raise to devote to doing this :D

Congratulations! Your first breath of freefall is an amazing experience, no doubt.

Now get on to AFF, and get 'er done!

Ciels-
Michele

No doubt. I'll be doing AFF as soon as I can. My raise will be coming up here in a couple months, then it will just be a matter of time. ;)

Congrats! How was it?

Really cool. My tandem master was an awesome guy. Took my friend with me (who I warned on thursday that she would be going) and a couple other friends spectated.

I'll tell ya though, my dreams did a pretty good job recreating the experience prior to every doing it. The wind was less uncomfortable than that, but everything else was spot on.

And I will be jumping again. God knows I want a $1,000 a month raise to devote to doing this :D

Skydiving is an expensive hobby, thats for sure! $180 bucks for your first jump then half your paycheck for the rest of your life. :):P:)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Congrats! How was it?

Skydiving is an expensive hobby, thats for sure! $180 bucks for your first jump then half your paycheck for the rest of your life. :):P:)

only half your paycheck? you're pretty generous. i jump first and then figure out how to pay rent.
This ad space for sale.

I think I've got my plan of action down.

#1 Pay off my laptop/income tax loan before... November. This will involve working consistent overtime and getting a pay raise (which I will soon be asking for if I don't get by default with the opening of our new dealership).

#2 I will take out another loan for around... $3500 payable over 2 years or so, maybe less.

#3 Use said $3500 to get through AFF (tunnel time and travel included) and residual jumps needed to get the A license.

The question is, is it rational to go for A license in less than one month with a full week dedicated to AFF?

I'm really just planning on taking a week off of work, heading to a DZ after throwing some time down on a wind tunnel, and spending almost every waking hour there until I get through AFF. Thoughts?

The question is, is it rational to go for A license in less than one month with a full week dedicated to AFF?

I'm really just planning on taking a week off of work, heading to a DZ after throwing some time down on a wind tunnel, and spending almost every waking hour there until I get through AFF. Thoughts?

Why the rush to get your license in a month? It's not an unrealistic goal, if time/weather/instructor availability all line up nicely and you don't need to repeat too many jumps, but it seems to be an arbitrary deadline that might put pressure on you that really doesn't need to be there.

Getting to your A license is not a race.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Why the rush to get your license in a month? It's not an unrealistic goal, if time/weather/instructor availability all line up nicely and you don't need to repeat too many jumps, but it seems to be an arbitrary deadline that might put pressure on you that really doesn't need to be there.

Getting to your A license is not a race.

It's more of a monetary deal. I wouldn't mind doing it in 2-3 months and I'm pretty sure inevitably it will take that long. But to at least go through AFF, I think that would be a pretty sweet vacation. God knows like many, I haven't had a real vacation in years.

Doesn't seem that 1 level per day would be too pressured. It would provide time to sleep in between and let things sink in.

I'm expecting post-AFF taking more time. But I would definitely like to finish by the end of this year.