carparts4

How Much should I pay for a used Vigil?

How much should I pay for a used Vigil that was DOM February 06. When it was sold to me I was told it was less than a year old but when I received it I saw that the DOM was Feb 06. What should I have paid for it? any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks, Adam

Well, how much did you end up paying for it?

The DOM doesn't necessarily mean it was sold to a customer right off the assembly line. It could have sat in a box for six months before it was sold.

Remember, Vigil's do not have a lifetime limit, so there is not a critical demand for customers to get the newest units.

Cypres2 is a different story. Since you only get 4 years per cycle, people demand fresh units before shelling out $1,200

I paid $950 for it plus shipping. I guess I got a good deal but how can I figure out when it was activated? I went to the Vigil website but didn't see anywhere on it where I could figure it out. Is there a way to figure it out on the actual Vigil?

Blue Skies!!!

I think you got a good deal. I think comparing a Vigil to a Cypress is like comparing a peach to a nectarine. Almost the same but significantly different. The Cypress has a solid 4 year window, that people expect to use up skydiving where as the Vigil has no such window. We (as Vigil owners) will have to replace our batteries at the 4 year mark (which a rigger can do) and thats it, no lost time skydiving. If you look in the manual there is a way to check if the units been jumped and how many jumps are on it. I bought mine used with some jumps done on it. I guess it is all in how you look at it, I am confident enough with high performance electronics to gamble on the Vigil and its internal self check. I bought the thing as a backup if I should ever fail applying my emergency procedures. I do not rely on it, it is just there. Anything and everything on your rig could fail at any time. Be confident in your purchase, you got a great deal if you look at it this way; your batteries will be due in Feb of 2010, your unit will expire in 2026. Pretty good if you ask me!!! (not that I know anything about anything:P:P:P)

Just put it in and have fun jumping!!!!! Be safe!!!!

Kevin

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!