jumpchikk

Nostalgia

I've been having this a lot lately. The biggest reason is because I am moving from Chattanooga, where I have lived my whole life, to Florida, so I know that plays a big role in all of this.

There are a lot of great memories here, a lot of bittersweet ones too and well, some that I would just like to forget about altogether....I know that I will take a part of Chattanooga with me wherever I go, I know I will always have my friends and family wherever I go...I think it's finally sinking in that I will no longer be living here in about 36 hours....

Not to sour your experience, but Chattanooga is a pretty little city, right in the hill/mountains, etc. Florida is FLAT, FLAT, FLAT, not as pretty...anyway, good luck in FL...wherever you end up. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Chattanooga is beautiful. I love the Tennessee River, I love the Ocoee River, I love Fall Creek Falls, but I have been here my whole life and it's time for something different. I will be close to the beach (a real beach, not some man made beach at the lake)...I will be close to a dz (not saying that's even one of my reasons for moving, but it will be nice to be there in less than 30 minutes). I see myself coming back to Chattanooga one day, but it's time to get out and see what's out there...I've travelled a lot in the past, but I've never lived somewhere for an extended period of time. If anything, it will definitely be interesting!! ;)

Wow, girl, that was quick. I didn't hear that you got a job down here already. Yea! B| It will be nice to have you around here. I hope your move goes well!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Wow, girl, that was quick. I didn't hear that you got a job down here already. Yea! B| It will be nice to have you around here. I hope your move goes well!

Yeah, I told the boss two weeks ago that I was leaving. I did the major "no no" and gave him my notice before I even had a job lined up, but I interviewed over the phone with a company, spoke to many different people and was offered a job over the phone last week!!! So, here I come!!! :)

Chattanooga holds a lot of fond memories for me, too.....I was a student at McCallie in the 70s. Experienced quite a few "firsts" in your fair city. :)
Good luck in Fla.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."