MLKSKY

"My red stapler...that is my red stapler"

Yeah, Corporate America is the biggest joke. I sit here all day in a gray cubicle administering pensions--crunching numbers, balancing the plans, answering calls, pushing paper...

And, it seems that no matter what company I work for--I still deal with the same office baloney.

This morning like 8 people called out sick, I can't find my stapler (for real), the phone is off the hook, my co-worker dumped a bunch of her work on me (so kind as to leave it on my desk while I was not here) because she is out this week taking her law school exams...

So instead of being all negative and nasty about it, I am just cracking up thinking about how this reality is so much like the movie office space. At lunch today I may pick up a trout and clean it at my desk.:D

No wonder I throw myself off the side of perfectly good airplanes. Skydiving is not crazy, office work is.

WHAT!?

YEA!

Ok, so I know what you mean. I hate coming back from a trip and finding projects that aint mine on my desk. :|
Although ususally im headed back out again so I just put them back on the person's desk who put it on mine. :ph34r:
I'll do my work all day, but I aing doing nobody elses!:P
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

No wonder I throw myself off the side of perfectly good airplanes. Skydiving is not crazy, office work is.

Do you have a cordless drill?

And for YH . . . You post all day - not work - there is a difference.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

One of the guys I used to work with has a red swingline :D I kept threatening to take it....:ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

One of the guys I used to work with has a red swingline :D I kept threatening to take it....:ph34r:

What is stopping you?

Just "Trade" him.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

What is stopping you?

Just "Trade" him.

I dont work there anymore ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

WHAT!?

YEA!

Ok, so I know what you mean. I hate coming back from a trip and finding projects that aint mine on my desk. :|
Although ususally im headed back out again so I just put them back on the person's desk who put it on mine. :ph34r:
I'll do my work all day, but I aing doing nobody elses!:P

Hippie--I think that is a great idea. Just flop the work back on her desk while she is out with a sweet little note "Geez I was swamped this week and didn't get an opportunity to do this..." SWEET!

Yeah, and I'm going to have to work on Saturday... [:/]

I have a burgundy stapler... I wanted red, but Office Depot was sold out when I bought mine. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Funny flip side to that...

I'm a carpenter that actually works out in the jobs sites that they were in at the end of the movie. Some days I think it's below me to do this physical work like this and I should have gone to that engineering school. Most of my drinking buddies are guys who work in offices and most of them hate it and think what I do is "real work." Some days I get to do some really thought provoking/ dangerous work and that is what keeps me out of an office. That and the fact that I'd have to get a real wardrobe.