Icon134

Stump Scott...

I don't like your answer so you can suck my balls!!!!

ha ha just kidding. I actually finally found a radio station that doesn't do that, but then I noticed that they do tend to play the same songs almost everyday, older ones. At least it's a change though.

PM coming your way
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Since you love thermodynamics so much, here's a question about my home a/c...

Why does the high-pressure R-22 line (skinny line, coming in from the compressor) get hot, while the low pressure line (fat line, running back out to the compressor) gets cold and wet, like a coke can?

I'd think there would be more heat in the refrigerant leaving the air-handler coil:|.

First off I'm going to have to call you a bastard... (not as a personal attack but because your asking me a thermodynamics question. >:(:D)

1. The compressor compresses cool Freon gas, causing it to become hot, high-pressure Freon gas (red in the diagram above).
2. This hot gas runs through a set of coils so it can dissipate its heat, and it condenses into a liquid.
3. The Freon liquid runs through an expansion valve, and in the process it evaporates to become cold, low-pressure Freon gas (light blue in the diagram above).
4. This cold gas runs through a set of coils that allow the gas to absorb heat and cool down the air inside the building.

I hope this answers you're question... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

How do helicopters fly? I understand how an airplane can take off and fly at altitude but how does a helicopter stay in the air?:)

it is actually the same principle as an airplane... they just have little tiny airfoils that go in a big circle...

Basically the principle is that air is flowing across the top of the blade faster then the air going across the bottom... this causes a low pressure zone above the above the blade and results in an upward force.... counter acting gravity...

now the reason helo's have a tail blade is becaue the big blade spinning on top results in a rotation the blade in back of the helo count acts that by the same principle...

Personally I think of Helo's as fatigue failures waiting to happen... (because all that spinning causes high cycle vibrations plus stress concentrations result in fatigue crack growth...) Helocopters are downright scary... :o:D airplanes are ok because they can glide helos don't glide as well... :D

Icon, what's the question?

well I got my nickname because one day all my friends decided they wanted to be like me (I think they were joking) and because everyone want to be an Idol... they decided to call me "Icon"

from this definition

One who is the object of great attention and devotion; an idol:

Icon, I'm very glad that your friends think so highly of you that you ended up with the handle of Icon. But I'm talking about the question you must ask the computer to live. B|

hrm... actually my friend jordan did it to be mean..

and didn't you already answer the question... cause if my question (and subsiquent answer) would lead me to the wrong door then I just have to do the opposite of what I had decided to do and would end up safe... :P

Icon, you have a dirty mind. What makes you think I meant anything other than what you said?

no... not particularly... I answered honestly... she isn't read to skydive right now because she is not currently jumping... you said "Rachael is ready now"... I'm saying she's not... :P

As for the question, still not entirely correct. You cannot simply "reverse" it and have it be correct.

hrm... this is an example of the liar's paradox... the principle is to use one computer to tell you what the other computer is thinking... by doing so... you get the liar to tell you the truth (by lying...) and the truthful one to tell you how the liar will answer...

the basic principle is that if the truthful computer (C1) says that the other computer (C2) will say no then that door is the safe one... if on the other hand I'm talking to C2 then he will also say that that door is not safe because he will be lying about what C1 would say... Who would say yes...

so if the answer is No then that door is safe... if the answer is yes then that door is not safe... :P

Can you do future questions....like, when will I jump next??

you will skydive next when you are read to skydive next... either psychologically or financially... what ever it is that is preventing you from skydiving at the moment... B|