BirdWoman

ruptured foot/ankle tendon

Has anybody here ruptured (or injured) any of the tendons that are ontop of the ankle/foot? I think I did something not so good to something in that area in taekwondo and am trying to self-diagnose what I did [:/]
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Rest. Ice. Compression. Elevate.

Doesn't sound good.......especially with it being so close to prairie. Rest up....I want to see you and donate to the cause.

If you aren't able to walk on it you should have it
x-rayed. Soft tissue injuries take while to heal so be kind to your self.;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Don't self-diagnose. Please.

There are so many different things that can go wrong with a foot/ankle. You might need an ace wrap. You might need crutches. You might need a solid cast. Maybe an air cast. Maybe surgery. Maybe anti-inflammatory medication.

Get someone who knows what they're looking at to diagnose you. Believe me, if it can be sprained/strained/torn/broken I've probably done it, and it can be really hard to tell the difference, especially without x-rays. Just get it checked by a doctor, because if you guess and guess wrong, you're setting yourself up for a lot more pain.

Rest. Ice. Compression. Elevate.

Doesn't sound good.......especially with it being so close to prairie. Rest up....I want to see you and donate to the cause.

If you aren't able to walk on it you should have it
x-rayed. Soft tissue injuries take while to heal so be kind to your self.;)

Even if she can walk on it, she should have it x-rayed. Often, sprains hurt more than breaks. I walked on a broken bone in my foot for three days before I got myself to the doctor.

I take x-rays all day at work and let me tell you the worst thing you can possible do is self diagnose yourself. I have seen so pretty nasty sprains,strains, and brakes. The longer you wait the more damage you can cause.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

x-rays will not show soft tissue damage.

for tonight, RICE. And ibuprofen, if you can take it. It it doesn't get better, do what everyone else said, go to the doc. But chances are, unless it's a break they'll tell you to keep on with the ibuprofen and RICE and take it easy for awhile.

Don't start worrying yet!

Please dont take this personally but don't tell some one who may or may not have broken something to wait to be seen. That is just bad advice.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

That is just bad advice.

Not always. RICE is appropriate for the evening. If it's still not better, then maybe she can invest an entire day sitting in the ER waiting for an Xray that may or may not show anything.

If it's not better in the morning, then skip the bullshit and go straight for the MRI.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

x-rays will not show soft tissue damage.

The x-ray my ortho did 3 weeks ago clearly showed my torn tendons/ligaments. Not only was he able to show me where the majority of the damage to my ankle was this time, he was able to point out where I had previously damaged tendons/ligaments on the opposite side of the ankle.

Not always. RICE is appropriate for the evening. If it's still not better, then maybe she can invest an entire day sitting in the ER waiting for an Xray that may or may not show anything. If it's not better in the morning, then skip the bullshit and go straight for the MRI. emphasis mine

That's all I'm saying. People were throwing out a ton of scary possibilities last night and I told her to not worry until she could get in to see someone. I don't claim to be an expert, but I do have some experience in the health care field.

Sheesh! People are so quick to jump to conclusions...must be the bonfire!!:PB|:D:D

I don't think anything is broken. Here's what happened:

About a month ago I was setting up for a jumping side kick and when I planted for my kick, something popped on top of my ankle by the medial malleolus; it was just medial of the midline on the top of the ankle joint. I started taping it with top straps and heel locks and it seemed to help. Two nights ago we were doing a bunch of quick rotating steps and a new pain grew in the same location but on the lateral aspect. Last night we were doing some jumping front snap kicks and on this one particular paddle strike, there was a really big pop in the same location as the first pop with a shooting pain. It was so bad that I was almost in tears. I can still walk on it and right now it's kindof achy.

I narrowed the anatomy in that area to 1) the navicular bone 2) any of those little ligaments around the navicular, or (the most likely) 3)inferior extensor retinaculum.
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Aw, you're going to have to get it looked at. Best to get it done and find out how big of an issue you've got going. Ankles are tough, and even if there's no break of any bones, soft tissue problems can be very tough to heal.

You HAVE to listen to your body and not overdo it.

Go find out what you're dealing with. PM me if you'd like if you get any info...if you lived closer I would be happy to try a few modalities on you, but I'm not much help living two hours away.

Good luck, and I'll be hoping for some viable solutions for your pain!