grue

Can you swim?

I learned to swim when I was very young and took up SCUBA several years before I took up skydiving (I'm a certified rescue diver working on my divemaster and should be finishing my A license requirements on Friday). I actually feel more comfortable underwater than I do under a canopy at this point, but skydiving is much more thrilling.

Just curious. I'm mystified by the amount of adults who cannot swim, and I'm curious as to how common it is, and how that happens.

I'll clue you in why: think Ghetto. Same reason a lot of the folks in the hood can't drive a car.

How common? depends on where you live and socio eco status.

We did finally learn how to float at the Y. No biggie just don't take a bath without our rubber ducky.

Ever notice Bali, hawaii and all those other islands that you go to jump are surrounded by water:o. I hate jumping on Islands>:( even with our rubber duck.

The good news is when we do fall off the boat etc we know we aren't going to drown, my duck is my friend, my sheep is my second best friend:P

R.I.P.