alexey

Problems with Oeticker clamps

So, description:
I did buy 1ear and 2 ear oeticker clamp, and side jaws.

The problem with 1-ear clamp for reserve: I put the clamp on type 4 9\16" tape. When I'm trying to press it, I've can squize it so much that I actually damafe the tape, but even after that ripcord housing can be moved out from clamp. I have to set heat-tybe over housing to fix housing from moving out of clamp.

The problem with 2-ear clamp for cutaway: it made from alum, so, when I press jaws to set it, I can easelly broke clamp in between housings.

How much force should be applyed on jaws?
Which jaws should I use (there are 2 on device - one that closes totally, and one thet has some space between jaws?)
How to fix reserve housing from moving?

Thanks...
Sorry for bad English
Lexa

No one uses [Oetker] clamps???

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lots of factories now use Oetker clamps.

The problem is that Oetker clamps are so much more durable - than hand sewing - that few field riggers have any experience replacing them.

This is the one we used. Beware to not squeeze to much. We do not have any problem with this.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

This is the one we used. Beware to not squeeze to much. We do not have any problem with this.

As I understend - for twin clamp you uses side jaws (one with space between jaws) - to dont damage clamp
and for I ear you uses top jaws (that closes complitely) - to fix housing - right?
Lexa