d_squared431

Guess what I got for a bday present?

Some one hit my car. If I had to guess it is around 3000 dollars of damage. The bumper is smashed and the hatch back is out of whack and wont open and close right.

The story is I took it to Sears automotive center to have the brakes fixed and my car was in their possession. I rode my bike over to pick my car up and when I tried to open the back I had a hard time and that is when I say it. They are saying it isn't there fault and it is my problem at this point. They are suppose to be reviewing the video tape to see if they are liable or not. What the hell ? Isn't it their
responsibility to fix my car since it happened well in their possession? I took it to them with no damage and I get it back with the bumper smashed.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Ya, but ethically they should take care of it since it happened well at their shop. I have called my friends mom who is an attorney and an waiting to hear back from her. I will find out either tomorrow or by Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed.[:/]
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

well... you totally left it with them... that means they are no where near liable... :S

ok... that's really messed up... but... if it was in fact damaged in their posession then... they should be responsible for the repair costs...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

"Sears is still leading the way, with more than 850 Auto Centers nationwide. Building our relationships one customer at a time, Sears continues to live up to its tried and true motto, satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Let us deliver great customer service to you, with speed and expertise."

right off their web site

the repair contract that you signed probably says something like, "...we are not responsible..."

however, i'd go straight to the shop manager and calmly explain the situation, if you get the same BS, then go to the store manager

they probably do not "have to pay" but the squeaky wheel usualy gets taken care of
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I did talk with 5 people 2 from their security department who had a video tape in their hands,the supervisor on duty, another staff member, and the automotive manager. If my car was hit then there would have been fragments in the area where it was parked. There were none. So that tells me they did it. My car was ready at 3pm and no one called to let me know. I called at 430pm and when I got there they couldn't find my paperwork or keys. Coincident or cover up?
I am calling first thing in the morning to find out more info.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

I used to work at Sears in the Auto Center when I was in HS. We had a couple cars get dinged while in our possession. Things like a jack handle falling and hitting the side, stuff like that. We were responsible for that and they paid for it. However, the salesman should have gone and inspected the car before it entered the shop and reported any damage on the work report. Once the work was done and the car back out in the parking lot, any damage from then was not our baby. It would be like trying to get the mall to pay for the damage to your car in there parking lot because someone did a hit an run on it. It sucks I know. But thats what you have insurance for. I had a hit and run on a car I had when it was 3 weeks old in a parking lot. It sucks but what else can you do?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

The only cars that are parked in the area are cars that they put there after they fix them and by the people who work there. There wasn't any fragments on the ground indicating it was hit in the parking area.My insurance won't cover it cause I do not have no-fault. It would come out of my pocket.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1