kryptonite76

How much?

Hey guys,
I'm new to this site and am very interested in becoming certified in skydiving. I figured out the cost of training, but I'm not sure what gear I'll need after. Once I'm certified, can I rent equipment? Do I need to buy my own chute? What kind of price range am I looking at here? Thanks for your help!

Gear price will vary according to you want, just like everything else.

you can count on $2500 (all used) to $6000 (all new top of the line everythig)

as far as rental gear, you should not have much trouble renting gear until you buy, it just eats up jump $$. At my DZ for example, $25 per jump, or $75 per day.

Hope this helps

Scott

For your first set of gear, I always recommend buying used. Get it inspected by a rigger. Talk to you coaches and instructors who know you and your canopy skill to find out what type of gear you will want or need. The reason you want to buy used off the hop is so that you still have money over to jumping. Why buy new and not be able to afford to jump.

I agree with everything you said.

Please get input from people that are not going to encourage you into something you're not ready for. My pet peeve in this sport, is that person trying to sell gear and don't care that what they are selling a newbie could kill or mame. The new kids need guidance and they need people out there that will look out for them.

Good luck in looking...you are more than welcome to PM me for some guidance on gear and what you are looking for. I do have some gear available.

Blue skies,
Kaye