marcandalysse

Dz.com MOJITO nite at Tampa's Ybor City Cuban Club!

Saturday nite after a long hot day of skydiving, a bunch of us went to Ybor City and heard around 10 bands till 2am. Many of the group went to the pancake house on the way back to ZHills, and some (will remain nameless for now) even had nitecaps till past 4am...

Then today a number of us managed to get out of our Mojito Daze and do a few skydives.

Photos were taken, maybe someone will post a few?

The group included:
Skymama
Vinny the Anvil
Normiss
Marc and Alysse
KatieBear
Flora
Kim
Annemarie and Charlie
Jeannie and Gabe

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

What a great nite...mojito after mojito after beer after mojito after margarita after mojito after mojito after mojito after rum and coke after mojito...ahhh...the weaker brain cells must die!

What a great weekend of jumping. Kick ass time at Zhills as always.

Love to see the pics if anybody has some!

:P
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

What a blast that was, aside from a couple of the bands outside that sounded like they would bust out "Dueling Banjos" at any moment. :P Not much of a Country/Blue Grass fan...

Sorry I was so lame and didn't jump with you guys today. I hurt myself last night with the drinks (my poor, poor liver). B| Thanks for getting the drunks back to the DZ safe and sound skymama!

It was a long drive back to DeLand today. :(

Thanks to all for a very fun night out in Ybor. :) That Rockabilly band that played upstairs at the end of the night was kick-ass!! I haven't danced that much in ages! Anyone know the band's name?

You forgot Ralph in your list. I know, he's not a DZ.commer, but he was so much fun! :)

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

Thanks for getting the drunks back to the DZ safe and sound skymama!

No problem...I love you guys, I couldn't let anything happen to you. It must be the mom in me.

I think this is the band you were inquiring about, Kim. I had the most fun while they were playing. I need dance lessons from Katie now!

THE JUKE JOINT KINGS
The Juke Joint Kings are a hot new five-piece jump/blues outfit, complete with piano, vocals, harmonica, guitar, bass & drums. Band members are music veterans with well over 100 years of professional experience between them. The Juke Joint Kings rocked the joint at a recent appearance for Tampa Bay's premier dance club, Swing Time. The Juke Joint Kings know how to swing!

Thanks, you guys, for a great weekend! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Did we yodel or sing Jingle Bells? I don't remember...ahhhh....mojitos....

:)

Wait... mojitos don't contain tequila. I'm confused.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

They didn't have any tequila...only Jose Cuervo which doesn't count. Looks like you had fun at Paso!

They WERE tasty, however...holy schneikes...I dunno how many I had...

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

They didn't have any tequila...only Jose Cuervo which doesn't count. Looks like you had fun at Paso!

They WERE tasty, however...holy schneikes...I dunno how many I had...

:S

We did have fun... and I don't think there was any tequila there, either!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I know there are fotos around. Somebody post at least one of the ladies.... Dancing queens!

Mark is the one who had the camera, but he's at the dz and his camera connection is at home. You'll have to wait until later.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

greeeeaaaat....now to fight with the size thing again..damn that is always such a problem for me...:P

Katie is the bomb for dance lessons...I think I danced with everyone...except Vinny :Danyway...Skymama is still my favorite though.;)

I'm pulling the pics now...stay tuned!B|

Yeah, that guy Paul was there too!B|

Thanks everyone! I had a blast. I think I gave Chuck's web site to over 20 people doing a little skydiving recruiting. He's going to get a bunch of e-mails from people he doesn't know!:D

I danced with a 70 year old Cuban who couldn't even speak English but he managed to e-mail me that following morning.:S His son must have typed the e-mail for him - his name was Alfonso.:D

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics! Especially the one with me and Andrea so I can make it my new avatar!B|

Thanks to Vin and Kim for the slumber party at the :ph34r: mansion!B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Thanks for posting the pics! Vinny is so photogenic. ;)

I had almost forgotten about the drunks in the elevator incident. We scared that poor boy right outta there! :D

I'm sure other "bits and pieces" will come back to me throughout the week... B|

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

I liked the drummer, he looked cool. The girl kinda freaked me out a little...she looked like one of those girls who are angry at the world. :|

Do you remember that the lead singer dedicated a song to skydivers after you yelled out that we were there? :ph34r: