sunshine

Food stuck in your teeth

When food suddenly dislodges from your teeth, do you spit it out or go ahead and swallow it?

I'd say scrape it from your tongue onto a front tooth and wear it with pride.

When food suddenly dislodges from your teeth, do you spit it out or go ahead and swallow it?

i'm gonna have to say i'd probably swallow it if i was in public...

going along the lines of this one - do you tell people when they have stuff in their teeth, or boogies in their noses, or do you let them walk around looking like an ass?

i have no problem being suddle about that stuff - cause god knows i would want someone to tell me if i had shit in my teeth
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Kathleen, I get my braces off in 4 weeks.

There's a product called Brush Picks from The Doctors. You can usually find them in the toothcare aisle.

They're thin plastic toothpics with a little brush on the end. The brush is flexible and is perfect for getting under wires and around brackets.

I, for one, cannot wait to get these off just so I don't fear eating a salad when I'm with other people.

Since getting my braces, this has always been a concern of mine. I try brushing after every meal to prevent this, but I can't always do that. I've been very lucky so far.

Ooh, another adult with braces. We should have a thread just to discuss braces issues. I've had mine for about 5 months now and still have a bit over a year to go with them. I keep a toothbrush at work so i can brush after eating, and my ortho recommended a spin brush. It really seems to get the food bits out from under the wire.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!