NoShitThereIWas

Hypnosis and Cigarettes/Quitting Smoking? Anyone? Anyone?

So I am wondering if anyone has done the whole hypnosis thing with quitting smoking and if it really works?

I saw Ellen Degeneres on her show claiming that hypnosis worked for her and that she has not wanted cigarettes since going through hypnosis.

I wonder about the psychological associations created with years of addiction and if anyone else has had any luck. If so, can you recommend a hypnotist?

I would like to see my Mom kick the habit and nothing has seemed to work :([:/]
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

My Dad is a hypnotherapist (among many other things). Years ago he hypnotized me. I wanted a glass of water instead of a cig............. it lasted about 3 days. :(

Personally, I am about to give the "shot" a try. I've heard many, many success stories and am hopeful that it will work for me.

Good luck with your Mom.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

yeah, it's been on the market a short while. I know several people that have tried it, however I've yet to get the details on it.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

Cold turkey and the WILL to quit is the only thing that worked for me.

Last failed attempt was when i read "Alan Carr's easy way to stop smoking", stopped for a month, then started again.

If you convince yourself you don't want a fag, then the desire for one will eventually go away, even when you are pissed.

Ive not had a smoke in 2 years,,,
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

I would like to see my Mom kick the habit and nothing has seemed to work :([:/]

I'm sorry to say that's not how it works. Your *mom* has to truly want to see herself kick the habit. I've tried several times to quit over the last 21 years, always for someone else...my daughter, my mom, a girlfriend, and it hasn't ever worked. Tonight I'll pass the 4 week mark. I'm not out of the woods yet (still wearing a patch, in fact), but it's easily the most successful I've been, and it's because *I* wanted to. Otherwise, cheating always reared its head under the guise of "(that person) won't know".

A co-worker of mine did the hypnotherapy thing in late August. He was doing great at first, but yesterday he walked into my office smelling like cigarette smoke. I called him on it and he fessed up. Nothing is going to work better than a true desire to quit.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yes it works. Till [one of the times] you get really drunk and stupid and think that you can smoke just for the night and that's it.

Would recommend. But then again, I am smoking again, so that doesn't count for much now does it. But it did work for me in quitting and that was living with smokers at the time. Just don't start again. It doesn't work a second time.

There is a free hypnosis seminar here - run by some agency . . . I'll have to look it up - but it is free to the community and I think run by the city. Anyway - you can enroll in hypnosis for weight loss, smoking, self esteem, and I think, eating disorders.

Anyway, would you trust anything FREE from the state or local gov't?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun