LisaM

Poor Kitty!

Came home today and my poor kitty, weighing in at 4 1/2 lbs, has an icky scratch on her head a bit above her eye.

She's been sleeping in my son's bunk bed which is a good 5 foot jump back down. I heard her get down the other day with a loud thud and the blanket hanging down was waving around. Assuming she tried to run down it. I assume that's what happened though.

My poor kitty!!!!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

You think she got herself coming down off the bed? She the only cat you have?

I see a scratch on one of my kitties once in a while and assume they got it from my other kitty. If I notice it, I'll put a little neosporin on it and it's gone in a couple days.

How's she settling in?

It's not something I asked a vet about, but it's how I treat scratches on myself, if I do anything.

She can't very well lick neosporin off her own face, and will get very little on her paws if you use it very sparingly. On the upside, my kitties (Shadow in particular) seem to hear up pretty quickly from scratches.

Glad to hear she's making herself comfy. You say she's taken to sleeping with your son?

No way! All bedroom doors are closed when we are sleeping. Just what I need is my son losing sleep cause kitty wants to play! She sleeps up there when we are not home. We'll keep the door closed for a while.

Who knows where she sleeps... I find her in a different spot every morning. :)
She seems to be cranky on Monday's. I think she must get used to us being home on the weekend and then BOOM Monday comes and we leave her all alone.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

My feline first aid kit is identical to my human first aid kit, except no CPR mask; and first aid for fuzzbutts is similar to that in humans. Neosporin is fine in VERY small doses - if it's a freely bleeding scratch, let it bleed; once it's stopped, gently daub a very very small bit of neosporin on it. If it's long, on her eye (not near or above, but on the lid or the sclera) or paw pad, or doesn't stop bleeding, take her to the vet. Watch out for infection, but very rarely do they get infected from a scratch. We can from their scratches, but they don't usually get too badly infected from their own misadventures. However, if it does get that way, take her in ASAP...infections in animals can kill them very quickly.

Wound wash or any other children's scratch care item (like bactine) is fine for kitties, as long as you remember to use it VERY sparingly.

Also realize that various scars and wounds come with kittenhood - it's part of the process, and it's all right. She'll survive herself and her clumsiness. Simon once crawled up the dryer vent, and I had to take it apart and shake it before I could get him out. He was none the worse for wear, although he smelled like a dryer sheet for a long time. ROFL...

(*Sunny One, how's Peanut doing?)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Simon once crawled up the dryer vent, and I had to take it apart and shake it before I could get him out. He was none the worse for wear, although he smelled like a dryer sheet for a long time. ROFL...

You didn't turn the dryer on and blow him back out the vent? :D

(*Sunny One, how's Peanut doing?)

She's doing great!! She doesn't bite at her stitches too much (at least not while i'm around). She's still a bit more sleepy than normal. She's not engaging in her normal cat play fighting with Jelly, but they do still cuddle together. The worst thing is giving her a pill every night. Tis the first time i've had to give Peanut pills and it is sooo not fun, but yet it's kinda funny the way she fights me and tries to spit it out.

I bought a thank you card today to send the vet and i'm gonna write a message from peanut saying something like "my momma is so happy you saved my life etc..." I hope thats not too tacky.

Thanks for your concern of my baby whom i nicknamed the $334 cat. :D

LisaM ~ I hope you don't mind me posting an update on my Peanut in your kitty thread.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

ONLY $334.00? Trust me- it could have been way worse! I swear I've paid for an entire wing at the animal hospital I go to- mostly just from routine visits and vaccinations! :$ There are times when I think my cats get better medical care than me!) which reminds me- the "new one" (Roger) needs his booster shot!

DO send the card and a picture. That's a great idea! Just make sure you address it to the whole staff because the techs and other support staff can make a huge difference in the care your baby received when she was there!

You didn't turn the dryer on and blow him back out the vent?

Good lord, no. He was about 3 months old when this happened, and man, was it a tussle. But I didn't blow him out the end of the vent...figured that would kill him (all the lint flying around in there was a concern, even not turning it on...iirc, I had to give him a bath, so I missed the meeting at work. Wah.).

Sunny, definitely send the vet and the staff the thank you card. It's important that everyone be acknowledged, you know? i'm so glad she's feeling better; she'll be back to her old self in no time.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I guess turning the dryer on would be pretty mean, considering the size of a 3 m/o kitten. :D

I had to free Abby from behind the fridge last week. A horrible cry woke me from a dead sleep. I found her stuck on the floor between the wall and the back of the fridge, with too little room to turn around. I pulled it out a few inches and she hopped right back up on the counter and down to the floor. :D:D