skydivermom

Big time vibes needed

Okay,

Everybody please send good thoughts my way. At about 4:30 this morning, I awoke to my dog vomiting profusely. He then flopped over on his side and became non-responsive. He was breathing hard and would not even lift his head. We have already lost two dachshunds since we've moved here, so at that point I was close to having a stroke!

Anyway, I thought we were going to lose him but we got him to the emergency clinic and they put him on some IV fluids and checked his blood. He was extremely dehydrated and if I had not awakened when I did, he would have died. So today he is continuing on the fluids and antibiotics and is responding. They don't know exactly what caused this. We've ruled out anti-freeze and a few other things, but I am just reeling.

Even though this dog is technically my 8-year old son's, he bonded with me immediately. He can't stand it when he's not right there beside me and whines when I leave the house without him. I have *NEVER* had a dog do this with me.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

***He called me last night. He told me he'd only get better after we pie you this weekend.

Har -DEE- Har-Har:D:D

In that case, pie away baby!

(edited to get the quote/reply thing right so Lindercles won't be so brutal with the pieing)

Mrs. WaltAppel

Oh, my heart goes out to you...it is an awful feeling when our pets are sick. Prayers sent up for the little guy and for you.

I hope by the time you read this, he is much improved.
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

My dog was doing well all day and then at about 6:30 I received a call from the vet. She was concerned about my dog's breathing patterns and did not want to leave the dog alone for the night, because he probably won't make it. She suggested we take him back to the all night ER. I asked her what they would do for him there that we couldn't do for him at our home. The answer was NOTHING:(

So we went and picked him up from the vet, equipped with an IV and pain medication. He could turn around and come out of this, but the chances of that are not good. He is beside me now in my bedroom and I am trying to stay calm so that he will. It is hard. I will be pulling an all nighter for sure.
Mrs. WaltAppel