bazelos

Medical testing?

So would you go and get into a medical test for £2k? That's a lot of lifts...but then again there is a (very slight indeed) possibility you end up dead! There had been a case of medical testing gone wrong here, about a year ago, but this is the first time I hear about medical testing going wrong.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

What's the purpose of the test? Depends upon what I would stand to gain from subjecting myself to the cost and the risk.

I agree!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Probably not... but it would depend on several factors.
What phase of the trial is it? Phase I? VERY UNLIKELY. Phase III? Possibly.
How badly did I need the money? Rent? Presents? Stuff? For me? For children or dependants? Skydiving?
What is the med for? Psych meds? HELL NO! Cardiac? Nope. Antibiotic? Maybe, but not if they have to infect me with something first. Vaccine? Possibly. Eval of physiology or normal course of health? Sure.
How important is this to society? (hair regrowth vs. artificial blood product)

Lots of other factors to look at.

The thing that should worry you is that the medical tests that went wrong about a year ago weren't for some crazy drug for crazy life threatening diseases... it was an arthritis drug that damn near killed or did kill 5 people out of 6. (the last was the only placebo).

How badly did I need the money? Rent? Presents? Stuff? For me? For children or dependants? Skydiving?
What is the med for? Psych meds? HELL NO! Cardiac? Nope. Antibiotic? Maybe, but not if they have to infect me with something first. Vaccine? Possibly. Eval of physiology or normal course of health? Sure.

All good points. I have participated in a couple of Phase III trials, and for a good cause. Restless Leg Syndrome is horroble!!!!!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

You got that, too? Damn, I hated that. I took some pills for a while that helped but I cn't remember what it was...I haven't had it since taking the pills, though. I think it was all in my head and not in my legs.

Come to think of it...I haven't had it since the big D.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Do you two by chance drink a lot of coffee?
My dad has RLS many years back before it was even a disease. The doctor asked him how much coffee he drank and my dad told him a pot to a pot and a half a day. The doc told him to cut back to one or two cups in the morning and within a week all symptoms disappeared.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I am looking at phase 1!
I don't need the money at all, I cook and the rent is cheap (it's probably the cheapest you can get in this country), but I want to, after two years of trying, get into skydiving and a rig of my own would help alot.
It doesn't really matter, they only test the toxicity of the drug, i.e. if they would be having testing for oxycotine*, they wouldn't be drugging you up in opiates, they would just see what side effects it has on your body.
All of the tests are to help ill people, not to make them look better:P

*ok that was a weak example, but it's the first thing that came to my mind.

The thing that should worry you is that the medical tests that went wrong about a year ago weren't for some crazy drug for crazy life threatening diseases... it was an arthritis drug that damn near killed or did kill 5 people out of 6. (the last was the only placebo).

If it wasn't for the risk they wouldn't be giving that ammount of cash! Granted, no cash is enough if your life is fucked, but every time you exit a plane you do take a (very small, yet very real) risk.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

I am looking at phase 1!
I don't need the money at all, It doesn't really matter, they only test the toxicity of the drug, i.e. if they would be having testing for oxycotine*, they wouldn't be drugging you up in opiates, they would just see what side effects it has on your body.
All of the tests are to help ill people, not to make them look better:P

so... Phase I, you don't NEED the money... "oxycontin" tests.... I would seriously say HELL NO and run. (even with this much rum....)

Phase I tests are UNKNOWN. The drug comapnies are looking for the bad effects cuz they DONT know. you are getting paid that much cuz of the risk. The money isn't worht your life or the risks (addiciton/side effects/ ect)

Answer would be no. Walk away.

Answer would be no. Walk away.

Dont be a pussy it's for the betterment of humanity...or should that read the Betterment of the Pharmco bottom line??

I cant remember which:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?