Psychoz

Afterburners on Bev Suit

Can someone explain to me what these are and what they look like. I called Bev Suits and all the lady there could tell me was they were on the legs and help to slow down descent. I would like to know what they look like and if they are needed.
So long and thanks for all the fish!!!

Here is a link to a photo I just took of my afterburners. Hover over the picture and I've highlighted the afterburners. It's kind of hard to see on the photo, but the afterburners are sort of pockets on the front of the lower legs that inflate when you're in the air.

Basically what happens is as you press your legs down, these pockets fill with air and help you slow down. I can use them to pop up if I need to. If you're a fast faller, they can really come in handy and are a cool option.

I'd considered putting snaps on them at one point so I could snap them shut for jumps where I wanted a faster fall rate, but I haven't done that.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Try again now. I just changed the settings on the photo.

Edit: I took another photo this morning with better light. I puffed up the afterburners on one leg and they're flat on the other. Hopefully this will give you an idea what they look like (attached).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Edit: I took another photo this morning with better light. I puffed up the afterburners on one leg and they're flat on the other. Hopefully this will give you an idea what they look like (attached).

To cool, thank you very much, I just might have to add those.

How does that affect your track?

It looks interesting. My tony suit has an inflatable inner bladder in each bootie. When I stick my legs out they fill with air.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

How does that affect your track?

It looks interesting. My tony suit has an inflatable inner bladder in each bootie. When I stick my legs out they fill with air.

I can take off like a mofo in that suit. I wouldn't say it negatively impacts my track at all, if anything it helps me flatten it out a bit (though that's more affected by the position of the rest of my body).

Mmmm...afterburners... ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Do the afterburners work as well as swoop cords? I'm 220lbs and even with swoop cords and baggy arms, sometime have trouble staying slow enough for jumps that start getting in the 115s. At least getting slow enough and still being able to fly through the points.

I am also getting the swoop cords on my suit, I am hoping to be able to fall at about 2 fps;) <----that is a joke of course

Seems like afterburners combined with swoop cords would be a nice way to help you slow down. I find that even if I'm wearing my bootie suit that doesn't have afterburners, I can slow down and pop up a lot more easily if I use my legs in addition to my arms. Getting my legs in a position to catch air is just helped by the afterburners.