DougH

Sirius, or XM?

I think I found something that I known absolutely nothing about!!! Normally I can at least pretend, but here, zilch, zippoo. :D:ph34r: ;)

So what service is preferred. Is one more likely to stay in business than the other, or have they been along enough to be established?

My girlfriend was talking about wanting a new radio, and I thought this would make a good gift.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I have had both services, XM previously and switched over to Sirius with a new car (included).

I was skeptical at first because I liked XM but am much happier with Sirius. The music stations with Sirius seem a little better played with a better balance on each individual station. I have also found that the Maxim Radio channel is great. GREAT!!! Exactly like the magazine, just outloud. Both offer the news, and check into which sports each has. NFL on Sirius and Nascar on Jan 1st. I have heard hockey games and NBA games on Sirius as well.

This seems strange, and could be an affect of the car, but Sirius cuts out less often than XM did.

I don't think either will die out in the near future and both are certianly giving out great promotions currently in the subscriber race. If the two companies were to merge, analysts have said that Sirius would remain the dominant player because of the highend talent (Martha Stewart, Howard Stern, etc) they have and the faster subscriber growth.

Hope this helps.
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."