LisaM

ITunes Movies

Anyone ever downloaded one of these? My son got a video ipod for Christmas. Purchased Pirates today, took forever to download. Understandable.

Then it stays there "processing file" forever (like 45 minutes) then crashes. Originally the movie was on the file server where we keep our itunes stuff, but I later found it on that computer under documents and settings.

Ok fine I finally get it onto the ipod. Then it stops playing at 39 minutes. I tried to move it past there and then play.... no go... done.

How long is it going to take me to hear back from their lame email support?

waaaa.....

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Windows XP SP2.

Ah, that's your issue, then.

I haven't ever used a windows machine for iTunes at all. The whole iTunes-Mac-iPod cycle is pretty seamless.

It sounds to me like you've got a screwed up download of that specific file.

Did you try refreshing your account? I'm not sure how to do that on a PC, but on a Mac you can either "de-authorize" and then "re-authorize" your machine (which forces it to download all your purchases again), or you can just erase the screwed up file and then hit the "Check for Purchases" button to re-download it.

I'd try running the download just as you go to bed, so that it doesn't annoy you with how slow it is. I once tried to get 20 hours or so of video downloaded and onto an iPod in time to make a long flight (I didn't quite get it all, but it increased my stress level tremendously).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It could be worse. I got a video iPod for Christmas Eve and was downloading a season worth of television shows and it killed my computer's harddrive...which I hadn't ever bothered to back up. B|:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'm sure it's because they want to make sure you aren't pirating the file over and over. It's kind of silly, in my opinion, but I think it's part of the legal framework whereby the whole business of downloading purchased music becomes possible.

I'm now futzing around with iTunes trying to replicate your problem and see if I can find a way to solve it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It'll take HOURS (the whole library part) but if that will work, I'll try that. Thanks for doing all that!

Why does it do something to all 1800 music files the first time you load up itunes? Oh wait, maybe it won't need to do that. I will try that!

Will let you know the outcome!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

It'll take HOURS (the whole library part) but if that will work, I'll try that. Thanks for doing all that!

Why does it do something to all 1800 music files the first time you load up itunes? Oh wait, maybe it won't need to do that.

It should only have to work with the purchased files. I've got about 60 of those, and it's almost done re-downloading now.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

When you deauthorize, it should clear all the purchases off your computer. Is it doing that?

I'd say if you have an Apple store in easy distance, that's the best fix. From the store, they can call iTunes support and get them to fix the problem much more easily than you can.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The IPod seems fine. He has songs on there. I don't think it is the IPod. But we JUST got an apple store here, I never thought about taking it there.

Go to apple.com and make an appointment online with the mac genius at your local store, then show up at your appointment time. if they can't get that file to work, they can probably authorize a new download for you. Mac customer service is wonderful. =)