masterblaster72

Guitar Tabs on the Internet -- where to find?

Guitar tabs used to be so easy to find on the internet. Now it seems like most of the sites have been shut down due to copyright law. [:/]

Anyone know of any web sites that offer still offer free guitar tabs? I'm having a tough time and I'd appreciate some help if you know...

Gracias!

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Dude! Thanks, that's helpful, but I'm a sheet music illiterate (maybe tabs was the wrong word? shows how much of a musician I am :$).

Any dumbed down versions where it has the lyrics with the chord letters superimposed on them? Song I'm looking for in specific is "Everybody's Friend" by Jane's Addiction. I did find one version but it only has the first verse and doesn't show the chords for the chorus (though the chorus seems to start out with D and D sus).

Thanks again!

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Unfortunately, this is what I got:

Due to recent controversy regarding the legality of free guitar tabs on the Internet, MXtabs is temporarily unable to display this guitar tablature. We hope to be able to offer guitar tabs again in the very near future.

Thanks though [:/]

That's one of the reasons I prefer the newsgroups. When I find a mistake, it can be corrected quickly. Sucks that OLGA has been down so long. I doubt if it will ever go back online due to the lawsuits.

[:/]

Masterblaster

Here's some links to more sites. I don't know which ones are shutdown but it should give you enough to do for a while.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/tab.html

-

Masterblaster

Here's some links to more sites. I don't know which ones are shutdown but it should give you enough to do for a while.

Thanks a lot GM!

I scoured the sites listed on there top to bottom, but no luck finding this particular song. Looks like the RIAA has been pretty thorough in their work... [:/]

I appreciate the resource -- I bookmarked it and will use it in the future.

Masterblaster

Thanks a lot GM!

I scoured the sites listed on there top to bottom, but no luck finding this particular song. Looks like the RIAA has been pretty thorough in their work... [:/]

I appreciate the resource -- I bookmarked it and will use it in the future.

Never heard of that song or I could probably Tab it out for you. Sorry.

-

Thanks for that, unfortunately this is that partial version that I found earlier. I don't think there's a complete version of this song on the internet, other than the sheet music that I found last night. Perhaps this is my opportunity to become sheet music literate.

Thanks again.

Hello masterblaster -

If it turns out you can't find this anywhere, send me an mp3 of the tune, and I'll transcribe it for you.

There are basically 4 different forms of transcribed music that most of us utilize: manuscript (standard musical notation), chord number charts, tablature, and lead sheets. What you are asking for would commonly be called a Lead Sheet, where only the chord symbols are listed, sometimes with the lyrics, but not usually. I can normally generate a lead sheet in just a few minutes.

Also, you should recognize that most pop and rock songs are made up of a formula, what I call "Song Part Modules." That is, several key parts that repeat themselves in a specific ordered arrangement. So the partial chart you found already may contain these Modules, and you just repeat as necessary. Partial charts like that do require a bit more thought and preparation, but it's good for you and helps train your ears.

I teach guitar full-time, so if you ever need help, feel free to send me a PM. This offer is also extended to any other skydiver.

Blue skies and clear notes,

Gato
T.I.N.S.

Thanks Gato -- I just sent the song to your email addy! Yes, the lead sheet is all I'm looking for.

I know the main part before/after the chorus comprises A,Am,Em,G...the chorus and the end are where I'm stuck.

Beer is on me if I ever meet any of y'all who helped in this thread, I appreciate it! B|