SkydiveStMarys

Marley and Me

Great book!! If you have a dog, HAD a dog, or are just a dog lover....this is a wonderful book. Better yet..if you have/had a "problem" dog in your life this is a must read. It won't solve the problem but you will be able to "sooooo relate" to this authors story.

Just an FYI.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I got my copy for Christmas too! Make sure ya have a box of tissues close by...you will laugh and cry at the same time....My SO bought the book for me 'cause we had a Lab much like the dog in the book. Best dog in the world but incorrigible to the hilt! BUT had a heart of gold!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I just finished reading the book and it brought back so many memories of dogs I have had over the years. One dog in particular kept coming to mind, a Brittany that I took in as a rescue case. Former show dog, wonderful confirmation, steadfast loyalty, but dumber than a bag of hammers. He knew to come and sit, but "stay" was one command he never got the hang of. Until the day he died he interpreted "stay" as "Ok, I can follow but I have to keep my butt on the ground." He would follow me, dragging his ass like he had worms, until I told him to heel. Then he would resume a normal posture. Damn I miss that dog.