bertusgeert

Travel, Photos, Videos and the Internet

I just returned to France where I will be for a while, coming back from Rome, Barcelona, Valencia and Paris.

I have about 1GB of photos/videos on my camera card (maxed) that I want to make available to friend and family on the web. I have a steady internet connection available for several hours at a time. What sites are the best for my purposes?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

i use all google stuff.

picasa for organising my photos
Picasawebpages for displaying - to give you an idea, chack out my gallery from spain this christmas at www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/ultracam
Then i use the google blog for blogging - all three link to each other and it makes life very easy. Its all free too.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Cool, I like the fact that it is google which is integrated with the rest of it. But, the photos are easily uploadable, viewable, so are they stored in full size, or does picasa resize it?

I would like to keep the photos for later editing and printing at full resolution.

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

www.flickr.com. Integrates well with lots of blogging sites. Photos are stored at the original size. I'm not sure if a free account would meet your needs - you might need to buy a pro account, but it's a damn good deal if you do. I've been using it for about 2 years and love it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm surprised no one has mentioned flickr. It seems to be the best match for what you say you want.

I did... but you beat me by mere milliseconds. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke