DSE

Cubic volume of canopy?

Froggy, thanks for that, I couldn't find it online.
Odd, talking with a local Voodoo dealer, they say the Silhouette 190 will "just fit" the Voodoo V4, but the Paragear chart suggests this is not so.
I wish the Rigging Innovations folks were more accessible by phone. Bad enough you have to wait nearly 5 months to get the container.

I wish the Rigging Innovations folks were more accessible by phone. Bad enough you have to wait nearly 5 months to get the container.

Dude,

You should have no problems talking to Sandy at RI. I have found the paragear chart to be groosly inaccurate so your best bet is to call RI. I am surprised tohear that you are having problems getting ahold of them at RI. They do work 4 days a week there so you may be calling on a Monday or Friday and they may be closed. Good luck.

Yeah, in fairness, I've been calling from 3 timezones away, and just before, and all week after the Xmas holiday, so they probably were off for the boogie. That didn't dawn on me til just now.
I love my TalonFat Sucker:$, and they were great to work with when it needed to be modded.
Since we're on the subject, sorta, I've decided against cut-in laterals based both on how non-cut Voodoo's feel, and my Talon, which is cut-in. However, I'm interested if anyone has a different viewpoint. I liked the cut-in on other rigs, but on the RI rigs, it doesn't seem as comfy.

Take R.I.'s advice on which canopy will fit into which size of container.
A large part of the problem is that canopy volume often varies 10 or 15 percent.
The only people who understand this are a handful of container manufacturers.
Often - when I worked at Rigging Innovations - Sandy would hand me a new canopy and ask me how it fit into a Talon XYZ. So I would pack the new canopy and report back: "It fits, but is a b$#@! to close!"
Meanwhile, Sandy would be busy stuffing the next new canopy into the PIA Volume Measuring cylinder.

In conclusion: volume numbers written by container manufacturers are written by riggers.
Volume numbers published by canopy manufacturers are written by marketing managers.

Does anyone know the difference between a marketing manager and a compulsive liar?

"Does anyone know the difference between a marketing manager and a compulsive liar?"

One gets a paycheck?
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)