HeadCone

Portland drivers in the snow

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zMzeiMJQrvk

It's like vehicular pinball. :o :D

From the description:

A snowstorm on the morning of Jan 16th 2007 left about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground in Portland, Oregon. This is what happens to people with too much confidence in their 4WD and zero experience driving on icy snow.

Video was taken around SW Salmon and 20th Avenue, which is pretty steep (to be fair).

--Head
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

I used to live there. they don't know anything about snow. when it snows, the whole city shuts down. they only see snow about once a year, unless they go over mt hood. the whole SW section of the city is pretty steep. god I miss that place.
Mistakes-It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I used to live there. they don't know anything about snow. when it snows, the whole city shuts down. they only see snow about once a year, unless they go over mt hood. the whole SW section of the city is pretty steep. god I miss that place.

Sounds like an "all season tire" store would be a good investment there!

:D:D
'Shell

Sounds like an "all season tire" store would be a good investment there!

:D:D

Not really. He said they only get snow once a year. Nobody would keep that stuff on the shelf all that time hoping it would happen. I may be wrong. For what it's worth, everybody here in Alabama are idiots too when it comes to trying to drive on snow or ice.

I have a good bit of experience, having spent 4 years in the lake-snow effect zone of Rochester, NY in college. I would get out on the road if I had to here, but I would be extremely nervous. I'd feel more comfortable if I did that in NY though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban