mysky

New PD Reserve. Didn't think it was gonna happen.

Just got my new Skydiving magazine and what do you know, PD's smaller packing reserve is finally coming to fruition. I was under the assumption that it wasn't going to happen because the materials manufacturer went out of business. PD not that long ago said it was going to take some time to find a replacement but obviously they found one. Does anyone know who their using now? Not that it matters as I trust the company completely, it's just more out of curiosity.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

I too have a lot of trust and faith in PD... I'd better... I'm jumping their mains and have one of their reserves in my Jav... and I've got one hit on it... worked... :)anything "new" in the skydiving business for the first 2 years its on the market... let someone else complete the "test jumping", sorry PD, this goes for y'all too. :$

however, I also go by the matra of not buying anything "new" in the skydiving business for the first 2 years its on the market... let someone else complete the "test jumping", sorry PD, this goes for y'all too.

Couldn't agree more. I'll wait a couple of years before even considering buying one.

Even after they've been on the market for a few years, I highly doubt I'll feel the need to get one. (Not concerned with having a tiny cool rig. I suppose I could upsize my reserve (currently just over 1:1) but I'd still want to wait it out).

I wouldn't use one during the first couple of years even if it was given to me for free. Same goes for a brand new kind of rig or AAD too. No thanks! Doesn't matter to me which manufacturer comes out with it, I don't want to participate in the trial period.

however, I also go by the matra of not buying anything "new" in the skydiving business for the first 2 years its on the market... let someone else complete the "test jumping", sorry PD, this goes for y'all too.

Couldn't agree more. I'll wait a couple of years before even considering buying one.

Even after they've been on the market for a few years, I highly doubt I'll feel the need to get one. (Not concerned with having a tiny cool rig. I suppose I could upsize my reserve (currently just over 1:1) but I'd still want to wait it out).

I wouldn't use one during the first couple of years even if it was given to me for free. Same goes for a brand new kind of rig or AAD too. No thanks! Doesn't matter to me which manufacturer comes out with it, I don't want to participate in the trial period.

I would agree with you all on just about any other product other then gear from PD. It's beta tested thousands of jumps so in effect it has been out for years. I've purchased just about every new canopy PD has come out with over the years from the Sabre to the Velocity and never had issues with any of them. The Spectre, Stilleto and Velocity are all the same canopies they were years ago when they were introduced. Anyway, it's what your comfortable with that matters.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.