MortalWombat

MySpace... A total Waste of time?

What do you think?

You lovingly fashion a profile out of butter and toenails... you add pictures, you join groups... and then sit back and wait for all these great people to say hi! and make lots of friends.

then you realise it doesn't work like that... so you start browsing...

and you add people... and then, after many pointless hours you start thinking maybe myspace isn't a place for meeting new people... it's a place for squandering your life when you should be out...

yes... you guessed it! meeting new people!

most myspace users just seem to be keen on getting 23967165878 friends on their profiles which they will never ever talk to, and then spamming them with oh so lame bulletins about how dreary everything is.

i've given up. is it just me?

I've met one sound person on myspace but he doesn't count because he's on dropzone so!! (Hi Jason)
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!

What do you think?

You lovingly fashion a profile out of butter and toenails... you add pictures, you join groups... and then sit back and wait for all these great people to say hi! and make lots of friends.

then you realise it doesn't work like that... so you start browsing...

and you add people... and then, after many pointless hours you start thinking maybe myspace isn't a place for meeting new people... it's a place for squandering your life when you should be out...

yes... you guessed it! meeting new people!

most myspace users just seem to be keen on getting 23967165878 friends on their profiles which they will never ever talk to, and then spamming them with oh so lame bulletins about how dreary everything is.

i've given up. is it just me?

I've met one sound person on myspace but he doesn't count because he's on dropzone so!! (Hi Jason)

Dammit, am I going to have to post a link to my blog post about the shortcomings of MySpace AGAIN?

HERE
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

yep .... i have lots of friends i haven't talked to in years .... and started talking to again due to the myspace virus...

edit to add: met anyone new? .. no .... i use craigslist for that...

Never know when that girl who was supervirgin in high school might boink ya for old-time's sake... :)
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

'hang up and live.' - word.

that was a particularily enjoyable read. well observed and intelligently written.

I don't know what the women are like around your way but i think, possibly, the mp3 player in the gym saved you a black eye... haha.
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!

And i would be Jason...lol. yeah man i agree. I have had my page for about 4 years now...and for awhile i got into the whole "friend whore" phase. At one point i literally had 27000+ friends. It got to the poiint that it would take me literally 2 hours to read the bulletins that my actual real friends posted. It took me roughly 2 weeks deleting everyone that i didnt talk to. I have learned that myspace is a good thing..as long as you keep the people that you know in reality on your friends list. Im currently at 100 friends....and all but maybe 10 or so i know personally in reality. and most of those 10 are skydivers that i havent met yet..but im sure i will eventually. Myspace actually caused me to reconnect with old high school friends too...people that i never thought i would ever talk to again. take for instance Shannon. we sat hext to each other from freshman to senior(because of out last names being so close in spelling). I havent talked to her since high school (7 years ago). well..she found me 2 weeks ago so we have been catching up on old times and what not.
Myspace is also dangerous....perticularily to underage people. I feel sorry for tom becasue of all the parents that blame him for their daughters meeting guys on myspace and having sex/getting raped. I think that is complete bullshit. im sorry people..your daughter was a slut before myspace...and she is still going to be one. I know im ranting a lil..but it reallys gets to me how parents are quick to pass the blame onto others when in reality they are the ones that are responsible for them. If yo dont like them being on certain pages block them..its simple as that.
but again..myspace is a great thing..when used for the purpose it was intended.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye