skybum02

PD Small Pack Volume Reserve?

Hello,
Does anyone have any info on the beta PD reserve that will have a lot smaller pack volume? I've heard rumors out there. Also heard that Sun Path will be scaling their rigs to fit the new reserve. Are any other container manufactures looking at doing this?
I'm looking at buying new gear and don't want to buy new gear and then miss out on the latest and greatest gear. Of course I don't like to buy something that hasn't been on the market and consumer tested for very long.

Blue Skies,
Steve
Swooping, so easy a caveman could do it...

Latest rumors I've heard were:

1) the mill making the fabric they were planning to use changed ownership, and the new owners have no interest in doing the PD fabric.

2) PD has a second source for the fabric, so that may not be a problem.

>I'm looking at buying new gear and don't want to buy new gear and
>then miss out on the latest and greatest gear.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait forever, then! There's always something cool and new over the horizon. Right now there is a lot of ongoing discussion about legstrap hardware slippage; it wouldn't suprise me if a few new designs to address that come out of the PIA meetings about it. But once _that_ comes out, there will be a cool new material or something on the horizon.

Personally, if the new low-bulk reserves _do_ come out, I'd just stick with current rigs. It would let me get a 99sqft-ist main and a PD143 sized reserve in most modern rigs, which is really what I want.