Broke

New to me rig

Ok so I bought an old rig. Had it inspected by one of my prefered riggers, and he said it was airworhty. Also the other rigger on the dropzone said I got a good deal on it. However here is my issue.

I had nothing to do the other night and was trying the rig on again. While I was trying it on I was keeping the things in mind that I had learned from the person at square 3 while I was demoing a rig the last time I was at CK. The chest strap is allright, the rig rests on my shoulders right where it should be, and the three rings rest right where they should be. However the ony thing that just isn't right is the leg straps. It would seem that my Z-Axis is longer than the previous owner. I was wondering if I could get my leg straps I don't know if this is the correct term but is is all I can think of would be "Lowered" about an 1 and a half to 2 inches? I can arch in this rig the way it is, but it could fit just a little better.

Also in the paperwork I have for the rig it says that it will accept a Pegasus 220 or a Raven III reserve. Does anyone have an idea as to what reserves would have an equivalent pack volume of these reserves?

FYI it is a Talon with a DOM of 09/87
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

What you seem to want is your main lift web (MLW) lengthened. This is the webbing and measurement from the leg strap juction to the three ring release.

This a normal modification but requires a master rigger with experience and the right sewing machine to do it. If you look closely the main lift web continues through the sewn junction and becomes the leg strap. This same piece of webbing is the front reserve riser. The stitching at the leg strap junction is removed, and the webbing shifted in the junction, and the junction restitched. What you gain in MLW length you'll lose in leg strap length but usually there is enough.

Either send it to RI or talk to others to find an appropriate rigger in you area.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE