WooHoo

Authorized? Skyhook Installers

I am just about to receive my new Vector III ( yeah!) am looking forward to jumping my first custom built rig. I went for the Skyhook option as it was recommended by all the instructors.

I happened to notice an advertisement in a Skydive publication that amongst other offerings stated they were authorized skyhook installers. It made me wonder when I need to get a reserve re-pack, will the rigger need to be formally qualified to do this. ( Qualifications exist for a reason - so I understand and approve of them, when it comes to rigging and instruction, less convinced when it comes to cooking and country dancing but thats another thread!)

My question, before allowing anyone to repack my reserve, should I ask if they are Skyhook qualified, or assume if I give them the manual, they will be able to follow it?

I just want to be sure I use the right person who does the right thing in the right order.

Thanks

I am just about to receive my new Vector III ( yeah!) am looking forward to jumping my first custom built rig. I went for the Skyhook option as it was recommended by all the instructors.

I happened to notice an advertisement in a Skydive publication that amongst other offerings stated they were authorized skyhook installers. It made me wonder when I need to get a reserve re-pack, will the rigger need to be formally qualified to do this. ( Qualifications exist for a reason - so I understand and approve of them, when it comes to rigging and instruction, less convinced when it comes to cooking and country dancing but thats another thread!)

My question, before allowing anyone to repack my reserve, should I ask if they are Skyhook qualified, or assume if I give them the manual, they will be able to follow it?

I just want to be sure I use the right person who does the right thing in the right order.

Thanks

Any certified rigger will be able to pack you new V3. The "Authorized Skyhook Installers" your are refering to are the 5 locations other than United Parachute Technologies in Florida, at which you can have a skyhook added to your "Non-skyhook Vector 3". These riggers have all come down to Florida and been trained at our facility on how to do the Skyhook modification.

Please E-mail me if you have any further questions at [email protected].

Mark Klingelhoefer

I had the first Skyhook Vector at my DZ. My rigger had never seen one before. I printed out the packing instructions that came on the CD with my rig for my rigger, which he appreciated. I would definitely point out to your rigger that you have one, ask if he/she has ever packed a reserve with one. It is a bit more involved than a non-skyhook reserve, but nothing a good rigger should have any difficulty with.

Ask your rigger to go over the Skyhook operation and assembly with you, so you understand how it should look when packed.

Especially important is to know how the Collins lanyard is routed. If you ever remove your cutaway handle to flex your risers or clean the cutaway cable, you should understand how the cable routes through the Collins lanyard, up under the harness yoke (to the right of the Cypres control. The Collins lanyard ensures that if one riser releases in a cutaway, the other riser will release too.

Any certified rigger will be able to pack you new V3. The "Authorized Skyhook Installers" your are refering to are the 5 locations other than United Parachute Technologies in Florida, at which you can have a skyhook added to your "Non-skyhook Vector 3". These riggers have all come down to Florida and been trained at our facility on how to do the Skyhook modification.

Please E-mail me if you have any further questions at [email protected].

Mark Klingelhoefer

And still no one in OZ is allowed to do retro fits to sport rigs, but they can to Tandems:S:S:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?