bigway

my little mystery..

That's buggin the shit out of me!!

On my canon pixma photo printer the following inks are in the printer.
cyan, magneta, yellow, black and another black.

So when i print photos of clouds, where does the white ink come from??

I thought maybe it just uses the paper as the white:S but when rubbing the white ink off then you see the paper. So it is white ink?!?:S

Where does it come from????

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Yes the paper it's white. CMYK are the base colors for printers. RGB are the base colors for monitors. Do a test open Adobe Photoshop make a new white RGB image then convert it to CMYK and look on each channels (CTRL-1,2,3,4). They are all black so this means that the color white has no projection on CMYK base. If the paper is not white CMYK will not work.

... I think :P

Edit to add: It's that for sure. I've made a new test (just for you BIGWAY;)) with a 60% grey image in RGB Base. The result is 40% on the black channel and 0% in the others channels from the CMYK base . K stands for black :P

Edit some more: This means that the printer colors fades to white when the printer is almost empty and the screen colors fades to black when the screen it's way too old, which is true.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

Yes the paper it's white. CMYK are the base colors for printers. RGB are the base colors for monitors. Do a test open Adobe Photoshop make a new white RGB image then convert it to CMYK and look on each channels (CTRL-1,2,3,4). They are all black so this means that the color white has no projection on CMYK base. If the paper is not white CMYK will not work.

... I think :P

Edit to add: It's that for sure. I've made a new test (just for you BIGWAY;)) with a 60% grey image in RGB Base. The result is 40% on the black channel and 0% in the others channels from the CMYK base . K stands for black :P

Edit some more: This means that the printer colors fades to white when the printer is almost empty and the screen colors fades to black when the screen it's way too old, which is true.

Anyone else in english please?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Plain english: the white comes from the white paper. If the paper is not white the thing will not work:P

Is that english enough?:P

Don't hesitate to ask for details if you want to delve more into the subject.:)
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!