VincentVL.

Free-climbing

Hey I just saw a movie about free climbing and it isn't listed so I don't know the title. Please help me out point me in the right direction as to where I should be asking this.

All I saw was two guys freeclimbing a needle-like rock (very high and very slim), by following a crack in the wall. All the surroundings were desert like with cliffs here and there. One guy (blonde) can't make it and climbs back down onto a ledge. The other guy (hippy) does make it and watches an eagle fly by. That same eagle attacks yet another dude who takes pictures of the two other climbers by dangling from a rope. He drops his camera and that's the end. Credits did mention the words arizona and I think navaho. It was rather old (eighties?) and one of the freeclimbers had a french accent.

Thx

since it'll probably get moved...
Are you maybe thinking of 3 Sisters or Totem Pole in the park?
Totem Pole was used in the "Eiger Sanction" starring Clint Eastwood, way back in the day.
If you're thinking of climbing, be sure to apply for a permit early on. Serious penaties if you get caught climbing without a guide and permit.