ACMESkydiver

So I'm at 12,000'; Over Renton and I Lose Both Engines...

Uhmm???...... You did catch the part where it was a VERY COOL, Realistic DREAM.....No???? Followed by playful, farcesious latter posts????:S:P
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

Pssst............ I think I crossed that line years ago! ;););););););):P

-you mean when you kicked me in the face in freefall & left your footprint on my visor? Or when you pushed off of me instead of docking in the now infamous 'Get the hell off me, bitch' dock? Or the attempted piratings that went awry? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah. such is the fun of jumping with Acme. I sure as hell don't know what I'm doing, so you'd better!!! :D:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Good thing you don't need flaps ... cause it doesn't look you've got any on that flying machine.

And don't ever tell the tower you're out of fuel! :o:S

That's blatant pilot error.....what you had was clogged fuel lines, they were clogged with AIR! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

NOBODY cares that I almost died today?

I knew it was a dream when BOTH engine cut out above the aiport

No, you know it's a dream when a pilot admits on the radio the they ran out of fuel instead of claiming 'carb icing':P:P:S:)
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

NOBODY cares that I almost died today?

:(:(>sniff<

>:(I had called the entire family down to the airport telling them to come see the hellacious crash that was about to happen.
>:(

:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

(PSSST!!! -somebody tell Corey that most pilots DO NOT wear parachutes. :|)
:ph34r:

Well, silly me....
I thought the pilot in question was a skydiver......
My mistake. :P

I'm a pilot, and a skydiver, and I don't wear a parachute if no one is intending to jump out of the airplane. I would wear one if I was going to fly jumpers though. I also carry on my rig if I'm bringing it and flying on an airline. The chances of needing it are pretty slim, and in anything but a catastrophic structural or control failure I'd just land in the plane somewhere if I'm PIC. Plus it helps your flying ability if you have a little confidence in yourself.;)

I don't own a PEP, and my skydiving rig would be pretty uncomfortable while sitting in the front left seat. My BASE rig shouldn't be available for emergency use as it's not TSO'd, and it's usually packed slider down. Most GA pilots are better off flying an airframe equipped with a parachute like a Cirrus in the rare instances that they'd need it.

And don't ever tell the tower you're out of fuel! :o:S

That's blatant pilot error.....what you had was clogged fuel lines, they were clogged with AIR! :P

Well, WILDLY inappropriate and fictional goings-on do tend to happen in dreams...:):):):D

If I were to find myself in THAT particular position in THAT particular plane in real life, I'd prolly admit to not having a multi rating, too. :ph34r::P
~Jaye

...you could do a hands off landing with that, couldn't you? A guy showed me how to flare one of those once at an aviation fair...but I'd guess you could fly it into the ground without too much damage, couldn't ya? You're not going all that fast, right?

i cruise at about 45-50 mph airspeed. the wing is set for a slight climb, so if you are power on full, you will climb with your hands off the controls. the glide ratio is 11 to 1....this thing wants to stay up all day. we regually go up to 5000 agl and shut down the engines...and glide it in. and even if you do have the engine running on landing, it is at an idle...just in case you have to abort the landing and go around. :)

i cruise at about 45-50 mph airspeed. the wing is set for a slight climb, so if you are power on full, you will climb with your hands off the controls. the glide ratio is 11 to 1....this thing wants to stay up all day. we regually go up to 5000 agl and shut down the engines...and glide it in. and even if you do have the engine running on landing, it is at an idle...just in case you have to abort the landing and go around. :)

:P [drooling]
~Jaye

oh, i know how you feel. this trike is awsome. we flew yesterday for 2 hours...hands off conditions. smooth air. touched down in a few dry lake beds...played with some hot air balloons...all on 4 gallons of gas!

If I were to find myself in THAT particular position in THAT particular plane in real life, I'd prolly admit to not having a multi rating, too. :ph34r::P

I think you only need a multi rating for additional *operable* engines. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)