TrophyHusband

just bought something over the internet and want my money back, am i screwed?

last night we bought a 55 gallon aquarium. we looked at the prices for stands and decided that i could likely build one much nicer for less money. i them went to the trusy internet to find aquarium stand plans. i found a beautiful stand and hood and promptly purchased the plans for$15. when i downloaded the plans, it came out a stack of paper over 1/2 inch thick and not even in the right order. the materials list is a list of cut pieces, not a list of raw materials to take to the store. while these plans are good enough to put the project together, it will be a pain in the ass just to get the pages in the right order. i have emailed the place i bought them from explaining why i no longer want to used these plans and politely asked for a refund. i'm afraid i am fucked. oh well, at least its only $15.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Replying to: Re: [Icon134] just bought something over the internet and want my money back, am i screwed? by TrophyHusband
Post: that's what i was thinking. the product was delivered, and there really isn't any way to return it. its really up to them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry to say, but I think you're right... I have a feeling they'll be telling you that because all the parts of what you ordered are there, they won't refund you. What you purchased wasn't technically "defective".... it's just confusing. Maybe you should just stick to ordering cute shoes like me ;):)
In any event, good luck!
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

I get that all the time in my business. People order stuff online, have a difficult time installing it themselves, then they come in and ask for advice. They actually expect me to take 20 minutes out of my day to help them figure out there problem. Then they get all pissed off at me when I tell them they were sent the wrong part and that is the reason why saving $10 by ordering it online is not worth it.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

holy shit, i got this email today:

Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time for your comments ...

I'm sorry to hear the plans cannot be of any use to you. I will look
into the printing problems and hope to improve asap...

A full refund will be processed to your paypal account..

Regards,
Rick

and sure enough, my money was refunded. i'm in awe.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com