jdthomas

triple A for campers?

My wife and I have purchased a new trailer to haul over horse's with and she often travels without me.. I was wondering if any of you have ever used triple A for road service.
If you have had to use the service was it worth it? I am afraid that she will get a flat on the trialer or a rear dual tire will go flat and she wont be able to change it if I am not there.
Would just calling a local service be better or calling the triple A is better?
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Triple A often uses local rescue companies. It's a hell of a lot easier only having 1 number to call. The companies that AAA deals with are good or they are dropped from their service. If you go with AAA Plus, you get up to a 100 mile tow instead of 6 miles. It's worth it.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

The thing I like about AAA is I don't have to worry about how to locate a local service. I call AAA, tell 'em where I am, and they send someone to me. I don't have to come up with cash to pay someone (which might be required). I just sign and go. Seems to me that the annual fee for AAA is probably about the same as a single call for assistance. I appreciate the peace of mind. Last time I used AAA I was on the side of I-5 with a blown tire - no way in HELL was I changing that myself with traffic buzzing by me at 70+. I was in the middle of nowhere and couldn't even have told you where I was, except that I could see the exit sign and tell the AAA person that I was just north of that exit. Would have been a hell of a lot harder to figure out who to call!

I'd say it's worth it. Granted, I've only used it for my car; I don't know if the price would be different for other types of vehicles.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I've had AAA for years. I think I've just about gotten the value out of my membership out of each year either by needing a tow, getting keys unlocked out of my car (bad habit :$), or even from getting free maps and guidebooks for wherever I want to go. You can also get discounts for lots of hotels, theme parks, stores, restaurants, etc. Geez, I sound like a commercial. :P Yes, AAA has been useful for me.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

AAA is great for a car, but for a trailer/RV you might want to look at Good Sam's Club. They are very AAA like in their coverage but tend to focus more on the RV side of things and know who to call if you and your 35 foot fifth wheel need towed.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

AAA is definitely worth it and we recently found out that they will even tow you to the shop if you are HOME in your own driveway and your car breaks down!

Also know that many, many RV owners swear by The Good Sam Club --

http://www.goodsamers.com/index.cfm?promocode=DRCJUN135&AID=10294049&PID=1843934

Well worth the good it does with just one use a year!

AAA has motorhome/camper/motorcycle plans also.
I've used them with wondderful success...when I had a hand made custom Harley I had some electrical problems for awhile...the bike got treated like a show bike everytime they towed her! (only three times and yes I fixed it!);)

thank you all for the input.. I will check out the good sams club as well.

the trailer is freaking massive and add the factors of having animals in the back and she has her hands full.. a flat tire or something like that would be a massive problem.

thanks
joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Living in New Mexico its miles between towns. I bought AAA fri before a 200 mi trip with the kids. Broke down sat afternoon and was happily towed 40+ miles back home . AAA paid for itself with that one tow.Never been without it since...........J............
" 90 right, five miles then cut."---Pukin Buzzards