Trivial_Trekker

FACEBOOK

there is never a shortage of shit to distract college students... lol

when I first started school in 01 a couple of my friends failed out from playing too much HALO and Snood. :ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

it's a disease!

Helll no! It's the perfect Tandem Jumper Recruitment tool. I've got about 15 free jumps from Facebook so far.

haha I've gotten two so far... woo hooie!!! And I'm trying to put another group together for may again.
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

it's a disease!

Helll no! It's the perfect Tandem Jumper Recruitment tool. I've got about 15 free jumps from Facebook so far.

haha I've gotten two so far... woo hooie!!! And I'm trying to put another group together for may again.

Nice! I also put up posters at school with flashy graphics and my phone number... I've had a pretty good response from those too. I'm trying to get the school's outdoor program involved... I'll jump for free forever if I pull that off.
Gravity Waits for No One.

Nice! I also put up posters at school with flashy graphics and my phone number... I've had a pretty good response from those too. I'm trying to get the school's outdoor program involved... I'll jump for free forever if I pull that off.

Well, unfortunately I don't think I'd be as lucky at my school... it's only got around 2,000 students [:/] and as far as extra curriculars... if you don't play baseball, basketball, or softball, you're kinda SOL on our campus.... boo :( Although, I have to say, I am rather surprised at the number of people I've had contact me through facebook when they found out I'd jumped and was wanting to put something together again.
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

Well, unfortunately I don't think I'd be as lucky at my school... it's only got around 2,000 students [:/] and as far as extra curriculars... if you don't play baseball, basketball, or softball, you're kinda SOL on our campus.... boo :( Although, I have to say, I am rather surprised at the number of people I've had contact me through facebook when they found out I'd jumped and was wanting to put something together again.

I guess... I had some guy get 9 of his friends together and contact me for a reservation after he saw my poster that was up in a math classroom.B| So I got 9 friken jumps just from one person seeing my poster in a totally random place. Anywhere has potential apparently.

On facebook, I contacted EVERY person in my school who had the word "skydiving" or "skydive" in their profile... I sent them the link to my facebook skydiving club (http://calpoly.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226740020). Then I send out group messages to let everyone know when trips are coming up... Which has been just about every weekend lately. It works great.
Gravity Waits for No One.

So, how old is too old to have a Facebook account? Is it creepy for a 27 year old to have one?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

So, how old is too old to have a Facebook account? Is it creepy for a 27 year old to have one?

If they're in grad school, fine. If they joined facebook when they were in college and are now in the working world, fine.

I think facebook is still for the college-aged generation. When it went from ".edu addresses only" to "anyone allowed", I think that was more of a move to allow people the same age who didn't necessarily go to college a chance to connect with their peers. I don't believe the intention is to have everyone and their mother (literally) like myspace does. This will obviously change as members graduate and get older.

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent... but to answer the original question, no it's not creepy for a 27-year old to have a fbook account. It's on the border of being too old for it, but that age will keep going up as fbook itself gets older.

The only reason I joined was because my flatmates from my time in England studying abroad have accounts. So I guess it is an extension of college for me. Makes it easy to see what they are up to.

I will say that the interface is about 4 million times faster and better than mySpace.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

The only reason I joined was because my flatmates from my time in England studying abroad have accounts. So I guess it is an extension of college for me. Makes it easy to see what they are up to.

Yeah that's the type of stuff that I think is acceptable in fbook. If you know people on it, you are their peer and it would make sense to be in their online community.

I will say that the interface is about 4 million times faster and better than mySpace.

Totally agree with that one too. I'm not saying I don't like myspace, (esp. because I'm a closet myspace addict), but it really does make life easier when you don't have to deal with all that clutter.