SkydiveStMarys

My son hit a triple last night!!!

Damn! It was sweet! It just seem to hang in mid air. My son is a big boy for his age (12). Size 9 1/2 shoe, 5'7 136 lbs. He doesn't just hit the ball, he whacks it!! All his coach's seem to hold their breath when he comes up to bat, 'cause they just know he is gonna hit to the fence line or over!!:D;)

Any other parents out there have kids in organized sports?? Both my sons are playing Baseball this year. 2 teams, double the amount of practice, double the games, double the amount of running all over the County, but so worth it!!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

That's great!! Sounds like he has a future in baseball. :)
My daughter has her first track meet of the season today. She plays basketball and volleyball as well. All of those practices and driving all over the place--- I love it.B|B| She's the only one out of the bunch that really loves team sports.

I am going to see my niece run a track (for HS) meet when I go to Philly in early May. I ran track in HS, so I am really excited for her...kinda like "full circle", you know?? She is really good (she came in 3rd and got points for Varisty) and has really long legs, like her Aunt.:$ I'll be there to "represent"!!:D

Bobbi

I can relate!

I loved coaching Little League and watching my son at bat.

Like yours, a big boy and he could hit like a wild man.

Only problem was, he couldn't catch and he couldn't throw...but homeruns were his forte!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Good for him!

I was a pretty small for my age back in little league and only hit one triple. I still remember the feeling when the baseball made contact with the bat. Solid. After sliding into third I looked at this kid Mike in our dugout and all I could muster was a "Whoa" to him

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Ooooo...I can relate to THAT, too!

Also small, but fast. Beat out bunts, grounders, lots of singles, and singles stretched to doubles, doubles stretched to triples.

I sat on second base and cried when I got that one sweet one...you could just feel it. But, it was only a ground rule double because...

We had a 10 foot chain-link fence with the barbs on top and, I'll be damned if that sweet one flew long and high and stuck in the barbs at the top of the fence....ground-rule double. I still cry at that memory.
[:/]>:(:|

Oh you bet I am proud.....my son has had issues with self confidence, since he has gotten contact lenses it has improved dramatically, but because he is so much bigger then most kid his age....he feels out of place (gosh kids these days are midgets!!) anyway...his throwing is so so, his catching is so so, but his batting is just great, makes up for where he falls short....but the throwing and catching aspect can be worked on and made better...:)
Bobbi

If you have success teaching throwing and catching to your boy, maybe you could work with mine?

Oh wait....too late. He's already discovered girls and doesn't play baseball anymore.
[:/]

My 13yo daughter made 2 put-outs from third base and hit the game winning 2 run single Monday night!B| (she plays softball) While looking at the league stats online, she is leading the league in off and def stats!B| She has a game tonight! Yes......I am VEEEEERRRRY proud of her!;)

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Yeah, well I am sure that will happen soon enough with my son...the girl thing that is...;)
He actually had a girlfriend for awhile, she was too smothering.....drove him away and now would rather hang with his buddies then girls..."Mom, they are a pain in the butt!!":ph34r:

Bobbi

Yep, they can make ya proud with thier powress can't they. I just need to get a second job so I can afford to travel all over the countryside to thier events.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

We had a 10 foot chain-link fence with the barbs on top and, I'll be damned if that sweet one flew long and high and stuck in the barbs at the top of the fence....ground-rule double. I still cry at that memory.

So you were in Juvie?;)

My daughter (4) got her head stuck in the railing of the Perrine Bridge looking down last weekend before a jump.

We were all laughing so hard we barely had the composure to get her out.

What the hell? I'm screwed.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

The 'big hit' pic is of my (at the time) 9 year old replica sending a shot over the right fielder's head. The ball is just coming off the bat, He had a game winning, 2 out, walk off 2 RBI double in his first round of playoffs that year. You might say his self esteem was not lacking after that.

The other two pics are of my (at the time) 12 year old, he was leaning weird in this swing, but it sure did fly away...
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am