SuperKat

This is what the Saudi's do to Swoopers!

Nooo, poor vulture!

:o

Just proves that this way of taking off was possible for big badass birds with few natural enemies. Albatross and swans would be pretty much the same. Taxing like jumbo jets. But just try to do that to a pigeon. They just jump into the air and are off.

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

That swooper didn't do a 270... :|

Most birds do swoop landings anyway. They don't need to do 270s to get into a dive, though, as their wings can move independantly.

For some reason, when I saw this thread title, i got this mental image in my head:

"Man clad in traditional arabian clothes holding a bazooka and shooting down people who were swooping into traffic in the landing area at a DZ."

:S

That swooper didn't do a 270... :|

Most birds do swoop landings anyway. They don't need to do 270s to get into a dive, though, as their wings can move independantly.

For some reason, when I saw this thread title, i got this mental image in my head:

"Man clad in traditional arabian clothes holding a bazooka and shooting down people who were swooping into traffic in the landing area at a DZ."

Hmm, i got a similar mental image, but only with an anti-aircraft gun... :o:P

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I blame George W.

With all his talk about al quaeda terrorism. I mean, It's serious business, but talk about it all day and all night puts thoughts like these into innocent heads like mine and yours.

I'm sure the saudis are really nice, except the proffessional terrorists and the ones who bother the vultures at take off.

I blame George W.

With all his talk about al quaeda terrorism. I mean, It's serious business, but talk about it all day and all night puts thoughts like these into innocent heads like mine and yours.

I'm sure the saudis are really nice, except the proffessional terrorists and the ones who bother the vultures at take off.

Don't think i can personally blame G.W. Bush for it, I've always taken what i hear with a pinch of salt, from all sides, i know i'm not getting the whole story. And aren't the Saudi's America's main ally in the region?

I'm Malaysian born, Singapore bred, and British educated, i like to think that i can sift through the news and spot the bias and spin of the stories.

For me it might be because i've long thought of getting a de-activated 40mm Bofors anti-aircraft gun and putting it at the dropzone as a joke.. :)
Eugene

No, no, don't take this seriously.

I don't like Mr. Bush personally, and that's beside the point of politics (which belong in the speakers corner anyway).

And I sometimes state views as objective, when it should be obvious to most that they're not. There are no objective truths in politics, or taste for that matter. At least that is my view. Too many people claim to speak the truth in politics, when there's certainly more than one way to do things. Maybe I'm making fun of them? maybe i'm just doing it to show that this is my subjective meaning?

So please don't take my Bush comments seriously.

Back to the evil saudi video of man chasing poor vulture.

:D

Looks like we both have the same view of the world, i was at speakers corner for a bit, a finding it a bit hard to change track quickly :)
Now, swoopers, evil saudi animal botherers, anti-aircraft guns, vultures... Where was i? :P

Eugene

Dude...THAT would be HILAROUS! And that's coming from a guy who's been shot at by em.

I've been spending too much time thinking about it i think! :D:D Now, if i were to be really politically incorrect, i'll get a German WW2 88mm flak guns and put then near the DZ in Germany that the British militry jump at.. How wrong/right would that be?

Now, if i can get it to fire confetti out of the barrels for extra realism... Yup, too much time on my hands :D:D

Eugene

Am I the only one that after seeing that would like to give that twat chasing the bird a good kicking?

If you could catch him. That dude looked pretty fast.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

you know when i was in baghdad on my second tour there was this giant radio tower and i mean it was immensely tall had to be a good 30 stories maybe higher right outside the biggest FOB in all of baghdad that i could t help but wonder what it would be like to jump off of... i was curbed by the fact that #1 i dont BASE jump #2 I didn't have anykind of rig and #3 had i been let out on my own long enough to climb to get to it and climb it, somewhere in between climbing it, jumping off it, and landing i would have been shot upon being spotted climbing it, or kidnapped upon landing, and on the off chance that i decided to land inside the base i probably would have been shot before i even made it close to the gate... never know when a suicide BASE jumper is gonna strike:D

Fly it like you stole it